Getting Sky to Output 5.1 from HDMI on SC-LX83

jrd31

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have an amp SC-LX83 i have connected my SK+ HD box via hdmi and the optical cable to amp too and set it so the sound comes out of the optical connection but it only seems to output it via 2 channel pcm.

The sky box is set to output Dolby Digital via optical so i am a bit stumped.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

jason

Are you sure it is taking the sound from the optical and not the HDMI? On some recievers you not only have to assign the optical input to the HDMI input but you have to also set it so that it takes the sound in preference to the HDMI (since some recievers will detect sound on the HDMI and take this over the optical). You need to check the manual for your reciever but often you need to press the source button until it reads from the optical. Also check to make sure the program you are watching is actually DD since not all programs on the HD channels are 5.1.

I think it's taking the source from the HDMI even though i have set it use the optical input. I cannot see how to override that in the manual.

I'm stumped.

Have you got a source select switch on the front of the reciever or remote? If not that then try pressing the input select button to see if that changes the input selection. Also look in the menu system to see if in the part where you assign the optical input to the HDMI there is not an option to have it in preference to other inputs.

I've done all of that and still it comes out of hdmi.

I'll have to email pioneer.

Thanks

OK

Further reading i finally found the signal select button hidden under a slide down flap on the remote control and changed it to digital.

Happy Boy Now :)

Thanks to all who advised.

Jase

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom