• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Getting Sky + to my Optoma HD 700x with sound

bigredm20

Standard Member
Hey everyone,
I'm a new member of the projector owners club having just got an Optoma HD 700x for £320, hurrah! :clap:

I've been doing loads of research for the past week or so and decided to take the plunge and ask for some advice as no one seems to have the same setup as me! My problemo is thus:

My setup:
Sky + box is downstairs.
Projector is going upstairs on the opposite side of the house.

The Problem:
I need to get my sky signal upstairs and then (split it :confused:) to get the video into the projector and the audio into some kind of sound system in the bedroom.
I don't want to pay for Sky multiroom and would like to use a magic eye or rabbit thing upstairs - although this is a nice to have at this point. I can wire most things up to the other room as the decorating isn't quite finished yet. Obviously I want to maintain as much quality as possible at the same time.

My projector seems to have a decent selection of inputs but I'm not sure of the best way to go about this. I think I need some sort of device that will take an input and split it, maybe like this one?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Control-Box...OM/ref=pd_sbs_ce_title_3#moreAboutThisProduct

Any help is massively appreciated! :lease:

Big

Roberteno

Standard Member
Hi

i dont no quite how to wire it all up but i have been looking for a optoma HD 700x and i was jut woundering where you got it from.

Thanks for you time
Roberteno :thumbsup:

gmp

Established Member
Presumably your sky+ box has s-vid and optical audio to get 5.1 from your amp (or you could run audio from phono out on sky box)? Probably the easiest to run cable for. Why not try getting a cheapo scart video sender that comes with an IR to change channels. There would be no need to plug scart in as just using IR to control box downstairs. I'm running 15m of component and audio from our sky hd box to our pj i loft and using an IR of videon sender scart to control box downstairs.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom