Getting Sky Signal to Bedroom TV

essexboy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I did order multiroom, but Sky won't fit it as they say the top floor of my townhouse is too high and against health and safety regulations (stupid bloody country).

So instead I thought I would send the signal to the bedroom, but I want to do it without having to run cables and drilling holes.

So in my lounge I have a Sky HD Box connected to the TV via HDMI and I would to also get whatever is on this screen sent to the bedroom.

I know that you can get the 5.8Ghz Video Senders so that it doesnt interfere with Microwaves and Wireless routers, but I wondered if there was anything else I could do?

I have got a pair of Ethernet Powerline Adapters that I am not using and wondered if there was any device to split the HDMI and send it via the Powerline Adapter?

If my option is to go with the 5.8Ghz Video Sender is the Sky HD Box capable of being connected both by Scart and HDMI at the same time? Or is there any HDMI video senders on the market yet?

Thanks very much.

Paul

One or other of the many videosenders will do the job for you, they connect by Scart which doesn't affect the main HDMI connection at all, and of course they give you only SD results and there are none that can handle HD.

Hi,

So I can send the signal fine, my tv in the bedroom is a 26", will the picture quality be as good as say digital freeview?

thanks

Hi All,

I did order multiroom, but Sky won't fit it as they say the top floor of my townhouse is too high and against health and safety regulations (stupid bloody country).

So instead I thought I would send the signal to the bedroom, but I want to do it without having to run cables and drilling holes.

So in my lounge I have a Sky HD Box connected to the TV via HDMI and I would to also get whatever is on this screen sent to the bedroom.

I know that you can get the 5.8Ghz Video Senders so that it doesnt interfere with Microwaves and Wireless routers, but I wondered if there was anything else I could do?

I have got a pair of Ethernet Powerline Adapters that I am not using and wondered if there was any device to split the HDMI and send it via the Powerline Adapter?

If my option is to go with the 5.8Ghz Video Sender is the Sky HD Box capable of being connected both by Scart and HDMI at the same time? Or is there any HDMI video senders on the market yet?

Thanks very much.

Paul

you cant use powerline hdmi just yet. There are some produicts out in the USA and even claimed wireless hd but, in all honestly too much dosh and mxied results, for the bedroom just buy a 5.8ghz video sender and see how you get on.

Other option is to buy a slingbox and also then you would need a little media pc in the bedroom using your powerline to view it (i do this, got an acer revo £150 bolted to the back of my panny 26 lcd in bedroom. Typing this from it sat on bed!)

yes can connect hdmi, scart and component at the same time - i do!

hi,

i thought about sling, but it needs to be very easy so the wife can work it, so will probably need to be the video sender.

will the picture quality be good on a 26" receiving the signal? what sort of quality are we talking?

sky sd quality? will it have any interference?

I've been in the same boat as you, Essexboy. Got around it by getting local TV/Sat firm to install the cabling for bedroom Sky box (you'll find smaller firms aren't quite as "computer says no" as Sky). Then Sky will come an connect it up no problem cos they don't have to do anything out of the ordinary. Down side is obviously the extra installation cost (think I paid about £100).

I've just moved house and am looking into other options as I don't want a Sky box in the bedroom. Had an RF2 cable run up the the bedroom, but picture quality is average and sound is below average, so now looking into video sender options (I might add that previously I've never had a problem with the RF2 route)

Seems no multi-tests have ever been carried out on senders, so I'm just gonna go for the most discreet I can find and see how that goes...

sky sd quality?
will it have any interference?
Yes, as I said in port #2.
They usually have at least 4 frequencies to choose in case there are other RF devices nearby.

I've found the devices that transmit the signal to other rooms to be very hit and miss - if you slightly knock the receiver/transmitter then you have to spend hours setting it all up again - a right pain

I opted for multiroom but would love to know if you can send an SD signal via a powerline network as I'm just buying a netgear powerline (for other purposes)

would love to save the £10 multiroom and not have to have a horrible looking Sky+ box in my bedroom!

the most reliable route is via a cable , be it rf2 or hdmi /cat5 , senders as you say are hit and miss , mostly miss

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom