Getting Sky HD after a move - eBay or not?

spanky2k

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm thinking of moving soon and to rent out my current place. I haven't got Sky HD yet, I've only got standard Sky (although I do have an unused Sky Plus box). I only have one connection to the dish here but if I were staying, I'd get one of those stacker destacker thingies to get two feeds.
Anyway, after this move I'd really like to get Sky HD. I don't want to cancel or transfer the sky account I have here because its going to be part of the deal in the rental amount (all inclusive). Now I'm thinking of moving to a flat which means it'll probably have a signal distribution system like they have here so I wouldn't need an installation as such.
I've seen that the cost of Sky HD on eBay is much much cheaper than I could get from Sky direct. If I get a place in which there is a already a sky feed (or two) then can I just buy and HD box, hook it up and call Sky and ask for a subscription card? What's the deal with getting your own equipment on a new account?

Cheers!

Spanky

You can get your digibox from anywhere, sky won't care, in fact, they probably prefer it because they loose money on digiboxes, they make money on subscriptions. There are plenty of places to buy at ebay prices, with warranties etc, just do a search or look further down this forum, its been discussed plenty :)

Ahh great, thanks for that. Before recently Sky wanted to charge me £299 for a Sky HD box. Then they started the whole reduced amount for 'loyal customers' and it came down to £249 for me. After having a quick peek on eBay they were something like £180 which is a massive reduction over what Sky usually want for it.

hi chaps i also got my sky hd form these guys on ebay, quick question tho are any of your sky hd boxes loud because mine seems very loud when the hdd kicks in my old sky+ box never had this issue.

Any probs guys????

mark

Hi mate i got sky hd last week of ebay for £180 brand new 4th gen box delivered next day set it up myself no problems, even come with quad lnb. got it off a powerseller Uksatalites more than happy why pay nearly double off sky, mine has 12 montrh warrenty so everyones a winner

Well... I got mine from Sky for the £149 price and free install, but I did go for the multiroom which was that part of the deal....;)
So they still can be got for less.... but some people have had lots of hassel getting the £149 price....:(

Maybe still worth a try to get the Sky £149 price.... some have got the free install as well....:thumbsup:

Well... I got mine from Sky for the £149 price and free install, but I did go for the multiroom which was that part of the deal....;)
So they still can be got for less.... but some people have had lots of hassel getting the £149 price....:(

Maybe still worth a try to get the Sky £149 price.... some have got the free install as well....:thumbsup:

£149 price? What £149 price??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom