Getting Signed Up....

MWillow

Standard Member
I'm about to take the plunge and order Sky HD...

I asked one of the 'live chat' guys if i can request a particular brand of box; they said no but i will get either a Pace or an Amstrad.

Do i need to just order then ask the installation engineer when he calls to confirm?

Also, our house is a three story townhouse; access to the rear is ok but looking at the neighbours dish locations i think it will end up on the side. We are an end terrace with a footpath between us and next door; will i have any probs with the install?

Russellgti

If it needs to go up near the roof you might want to request the "Special Height Team" as if it is too high normal installer won't usually do the install.

MWillow

Standard Member
I haven't currently got a phoneline in the house and don't plan to... If i get Sky installed (telling them that a phoneline has been arranged for in a couple of weeks time) and then don't bother will my sky still work ok?

logiciel

But first you have to get over your contractual obligation to have the receiver connected to a working phone line.
They used to let you pay a fee to waive the condition - not sure if they still do.

Miss Chief

I'm pretty sure you can still pay £25 no phone line charge.

You should get either an Amstrad or Samsung 500GB box, that's what the website seems to imply is all that are available.

logiciel

Yes, that £25 is the charge I was thinking of.

MWillow

Standard Member
Cheers for the replies everyone :)

If i order telling them that a phone line is organised, but then don't bother will they switch me off?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom