Getting Satellite tomorrow

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by paiger, Jan 31, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully anyway if the weather holds off a bit. What do you reckon my chances are of persuading the bloke to fit it at right angles on the side of my house? I don't really want it on the front. I guess if he insists I'll have to move it myself once he's cleared off. I've already been good enough to install FT125 Sat cable for them. Mainly cus I wanted it routed through cavities and not nailed to the skirting all the way through my house. Poor Wife Acceptance Rating I think. ANyway I terribly excited about it all, especially my sexy new slimline Sony Digibox. Better than a big black Pace ITVD box anyway.

S

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    All things being equal he will put it where you want it.
    Remember they are far far more fussy about climbing ladders these days or working on roofs but apart from that as long as the dish has an unobstructive view of the satellite it shouldn't make a difference to the installer.

3. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I don't want to put a damper on things but have u seen the latest waether forecast, 80mph winds!!!

Good luck anyway.

gbmitie

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well he's supposed to be here about now and hasn't phoned to cancel so I guess he plans on going for it. Oops, there goes the dustbin off up the lane.

5. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All installed with shiny Sony box. Wow, so much better picture than ITVD. Just going through the radio channels now. Even a few rock stations in there. Cooooooool. I think ITV Digital are dead meat.

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only digital TV I'd seen before I got my Sky dish was ITV digital. It was at my friends place, and it ran as slow as mud. He probably had a faulty box, because I wouldn't have been able to handle menus that slow, and if all of ITV was that bad, then I would imagine I would have heard about it.

But, my lowered expectations were great, because when I got my Panasonic box, everything seemed like lightning in comparison. As for picture quality, my friend was getting a better picture with his terrestrial channels than with ITV digital, so I'm assuming his box was screwy. But my Sky pictures are pretty clean, with almost no breakup. Add to that the channel selection between the two, and it makes the decision pretty much a no-brainer.

Shame really, as Sky's customer service will undoubtedly get worse if they have no competition.

7. bcottis

bcottis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure it could get any worse.