SibTiger33

Prominent Member
Reaction score
i have to get rid of my harmony

the charging bay is really starting to annoy me now

whats the 1000 like
or harmony one as a replacement?

Hi SibTiger,
I'm thinking of getting an 885...so what is it about the charger that is a problem?
Cheers

Hi SibTiger,
I'm thinking of getting an 885...so what is it about the charger that is a problem?
Cheers

a known issue with the contacts and the charging bay
they dont stay connected so you find that even if you think its charging
its not actually charging

u have to say and watch the charging for a few minutes to make sure its charging

apparently logitech were senting out replacement charging bays for customers with the issue but i never got round to speaking to them about it

and my problems got alot worst

i've now ordered the harmony one and will most likely sell the 885 becuase when it charges it is fantastic

ill most likely sell it stupidly cheap if you are interested mate?

I have teh 895, which as you know has the same charging bay and I know the problem.

I went on ebay and found a seller of a separate charger. I think it cost about $39 including a battery and $12 shipping for a total $51. obviously it had the US powerplug, but works on 220Volt/50Hz.

I now just change the battery if I need, because as an all-in-one remote these are absolutely fabulous once you get the m working the way you want.

The seller that sold me the unit was: the_sellution
However I think there are more such sellers

i've now ordered the harmony one
So why ask?:D
You've done right though - it's got all of the 885 and better, including the charging base.

I have teh 895, which as you know has the same charging bay and I know the problem.

I went on ebay and found a seller of a separate charger. I think it cost about $39 including a battery and $12 shipping for a total $51. obviously it had the US powerplug, but works on 220Volt/50Hz.

I now just change the battery if I need, because as an all-in-one remote these are absolutely fabulous once you get the m working the way you want.

The seller that sold me the unit was: the_sellution
However I think there are more such sellers

fantastic

thats whats soo annoying about the 885

it really is an amazing remote! seriously solid software and easy to update devices (a shame it doesnt really remember device states)

im looking forward to the harmony one because from the sounds of it seems as though its just like the 885 with improved charging bay :)

So why ask?:D
You've done right though - it's got all of the 885 and better, including the charging base.

after i made the post i went and found the harmony one going cheap and because im used to the logitech software i thought ill stick with what i know :)

harmony 1000 seems like overkill to me

...the 885

it really is an amazing remote! seriously solid software and easy to update devices (a shame it doesnt really remember device states)...

So what doesn't it 'really' remember different to any other harmony?

Yes, definitely good choice, and lucky you found a good price.
Not remembering device states is strange though - that's the basic thing about the Harmonys, that they do just that!

Not remembering device states is strange though - that's the basic thing about the Harmonys, that they do just that!

yeah i know :-(

maybe my one is actually faulty or something ...

no big problme as my harmony one arrived today :)

i like the look of it

Out of intrest what price did you pay for the Harmony One? As I'm looking to get one myself.

Sounds like a good price.:smashin:Was that second hand or new?

If new, where did you get it from? As my credit card finger is getting itchy.:D

Sounds like a good price.:smashin:Was that second hand or new?

If new, where did you get it from? As my credit card finger is getting itchy.:D

brand new but it was only because of a discount that was owed to me

normal price i think is £113
ebuyer

brand new but it was only because of a discount that was owed to me

normal price i think is £113
ebuyer

I thought I was onto a bargain there. ;)

Apart from having a working charging cradle, how do you compare it to the 885?

I thought I was onto a bargain there. ;)

Apart from having a working charging cradle, how do you compare it to the 885?

fantastic !

the buttons are better layed out

the screen is of better quality

the look is also better

the touchscreen works very well.

i'm happy i made the move .

SibTiger33, thanks for the feedback.

Just ordered mine from from Amazon, £107 inc delivery.:thumbsup:

SibTiger33, thanks for the feedback.

Just ordered mine from from Amazon, £107 inc delivery.:thumbsup:

great price
mine came to about 100 including next day delivery so not a bad price at all mate

so how much are you looking for, for your old remote then?

maybe £40 or so i would say - works fine just the issue with the charging bay - i.e i had to sometimes put books on top of the remote to keep it in place! haa

Hi, I have the same reservations about my 885, it is great until say one of the kids changes something, then it doesn't seem to know whats on or whats off, when you go into activities it struggles and needs multiple key presses, which is kind of defeating the object, am i missing something here:confused: or am i just thick:eek:
thanks ~~RPH~~

Hi, I have the same reservations about my 885, it is great until say one of the kids changes something, then it doesn't seem to know whats on or whats off, when you go into activities it struggles and needs multiple key presses, which is kind of defeating the object, am i missing something here:confused: or am i just thick:eek:
thanks ~~RPH~~

yep thats the same with them all - unless someone can prove me wrong

the device remembers state so that if u press [off] the remote will assume the devices are turned off

but if u manually turn the device on or use a different remote it will put everything out of synch (hopefully someone can correct me if im wrong)

p.s i love the harmony one - even the girlfriend can use this remote - she did struggle with the 885.

yep thats the same with them all - unless someone can prove me wrong

the device remembers state so that if u press [off] the remote will assume the devices are turned off
but if u manually turn the device on or use a different remote it will put everything out of synch (hopefully someone can correct me if im wrong)

p.s i love the harmony one - even the girlfriend can use this remote - she did struggle with the 885.

You are basically correct, to be strictly correct you should add "unless the Device is set NOT to Power Off" to the bold above.

Power & Toggle/Cycled Inputs are the worst, Discrete Inputs get set regardless.

Cheers, Alan

You are basically correct, to be strictly correct you should add "unless the Device is set NOT to Power Off" to the bold above.

Power & Toggle/Cycled Inputs are the worst, Discrete Inputs get set regardless.

Cheers, Alan

your not wrong

luckily all my devices have distinct buttons for one and off

maybe £40 or so i would say - works fine just the issue with the charging bay - i.e i had to sometimes put books on top of the remote to keep it in place! haa

You have a permanent forums trading ban from two years ago on your profile. Before you start going about trying to sell kit on here you'd be wise to PM UrbanT and explain yourself. Perhaps you might even get the ban lifted ?

Mike.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom