1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting rid of stacker so need a HTPC case, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by phresh, Mar 11, 2005.

1. phresh

phresh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Currently got my PC in a coolermaster stacker, which although being an excellent case, is just too big for my needs.

So I need to replace it with another case. The main two i've seen are the Silverstone TJ04 and LC10M.

My main query is if the LC10M will be cool enough for my overclocked A64 rig (cooled using an asus star ice). I like the case but think that its internal dimensions might just be a little prohibitive.

My main reason for suggesting teh TJ04 is that its one of the onle mid size desktop cases that allows 120mm fans front and back, something that the LC10M can't get close too.

Any help appreciated, budget is preferably less than £160 but willing to go to £200 if its perfect (if that even exists!!)

Cheers in advance

2. Synchro

Synchro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,328
    I have:-

Antec Sonata Piano Black Quiet Case - 380W TruePower Silent PSU

The PSU comes free. It has been rated highly as one of the quietest cases around. Not too expensive either.

check it out.

3. phresh

phresh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yead was going to buy it before I got the stacker. Already got a decent Enermax PSU and to be honest i'm not 100% keen on it's styling. Think it's a good looking case, but I prefer the clean cut lines of the Silverstones. Saying that. I am still tempted by one.