GETTING RID OF SKY AND OVERCOMING RF OUT

donnygal

Standard Member
Reaction score
We have had Sky for many years, but now feel that it has run its course, and we are getting nothing for our money. We have PVR, and good Freeview signal, so do not need to use the satellite.

Currently our set up is the aerial and satellite connections into the Sky box, and a RF lead out up to a splitter in the loft, with power taken from the Sky box, for the other TV's in the bungalow, which gives them what is on the Sky box and all aerial connections.

How do I remove the Sky box, and resolve aerial connections to the other TV's in our bungalow?
Thanks
DG

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Thanks Graham, but I am only needed to get the aerial to the other TV's quite happy with Freeview on them all. DG

Thanks Graham, but I am only needed to get the aerial to the other TV's quite happy with Freeview on them all. DG

Just fit a splitter to the aerial coax, use one output to feed the PVR and local TV and the other to the return socket that feeds the other TV's. If you don't use Freeview on the local TV, you can use the PVR rf loop through to feed the return socket instead of using a splitter.

....lead out up to a splitter in the loft, with power taken from the Sky box,....
That sort of implies a distribution amp if the 'splitter in the loft' needs power. Is this true donnegal?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom