Getting refund via credit card company

Status
Not open for further replies.

csynw

Standard Member
This is my first post so apologies if it is in the wrong place.

I have placed an order with Movietyme (who I see other people have had problems with also) weeks ago but it still states 'Order Taken' and I have no response to my numerous emails about this.

I'm going to ring my credit card company today to try and get them to refund my card, how do I prove to them that I have never received my goods?

Seth Gecko

retired member
They tend to contact the e-tailer to verify this information.

Having said that, Craig frequents the forums, so may well see this post and PM you (which is the advice we normally give, as we continually reiterate that the forums are not to be used as a support facility for any retailer).

JP73

Novice Member
This is my first post so apologies if it is in the wrong place.

I have placed an order with Movietyme (who I see other people have had problems with also) weeks ago but it still states 'Order Taken' and I have no response to my numerous emails about this.

I'm going to ring my credit card company today to try and get them to refund my card, how do I prove to them that I have never received my goods?
I was one of the MT critics but to be fair to them, Craig will sort you out with the minimun fuss. You shouldn't have to go to your credit card people. Perhaps someone will correct me if i'm wrong but don't credit cards only offer protection for transactions over £100?

Incidentally, unless you specifically ask for your card to be billed immediately, it will not be charged until your status changes to processing.

Personally, I think its better and a more accurate reflection to keep your status at "order taken" if your stuff isn't actually in stock.

pjclark1

Novice Member
Most credit card companies offer full protection against online fraud/theft.
The over £100 rule is for other disputes/bankruptcy/warrenty/etc.

rico3

Standard Member
yes i to have them same problem with movieTyme...i to have ordered a film on blu ray and its still is on order taken this was from the 28 november...this isnt like movieTyme and ive emailed them and rang the us number which is an answer machine....i no this might not be the place to post this but have you guys got movieTyme uk phone number so i can speak to craig???

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
At the risk of sounding like a stuck record - AVForums is not a forum for Movietyme support. You will have to deal with them directly and by whatever means they offer.

I'm closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom