1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Really Ticked Off With Command And Conquer Games Online Now Please Help

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by nero0410, Mar 9, 2005.

1. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    For months, Myself and a few friends all have the same problem. We all have our firewall off or the port settings set properly for online play.

We can all join games, and play them online etc.... but we CANNOT create a game to play (not even between eachother) as in we can create a game but it wont let us connect to eachother.

It is a damn pain in the :censored:

It is the same with both yuris revenge and generals and zero hour. Just what the problem is I dont know. I have tried all the things that westowood say but none of them work at all and lately I cant even join a game with generals.

I have 2 original copies of each game ra2/yuri/generals etc.... as I use one on my pc and the other on my lap top, and my mates have their own original copies which they use on their pc's at home.

Please please :lease: can someone help us before I go postal at EA.

Thanks in advance for any help, and a lot is requiered.

tris

2. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    I guess either no one plays these anymore, or youve never had these probs.

I need help

tris

3. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    i play ZH every day :p
    If your behind a router you CANNOT host online or even connect with the direct connect option, people claim they have done it but its close to impossible. Forget it, unplug the router and just connect directly to the net and it will all be fine
    You will not get any help from EA unless your game is registered either.
    and if you do get it working ill be up for some direct connect with ya :thumbsup: i cant go on ea servers though, i never actualy bought the game :rolleyes:

EDIT: zonealarm causes big problems with zero hour too. You might want to close the actual program itself rather than disable the FW :) (thats if you use ZA)

4. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    My modem is a modem with built in router. I have hosted and joined games using it in the past, and with generals quite recently. The games are all registered, the ones for the laptop and for my pc.

I have used a direct connection before but still had the same problem. We have had this problem for years with yuri, and it has now started with generals.

Im thinking of telling my phsychiatrist that I want to blow up ea when I see him at the end of the month :). Well I am seriously seeing him but ea are really getting up my nose, I think yuri was better when the server was run properly and the generals one seems to be going the same way.

I dont have zone alarm so no worries there

Thanks for your help

tris

5. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    I have now been in touch with EA, and they think the problems my end.

I have honestly had enough of these games now, I really dont know what to do. As I'd like to play them online, its really getting me down
    tris

6. Pbryanw

Pbryanw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Can you try Warcraft - does it have the same problems - just an option :confused: