• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Getting ready to order....

baldrick

Prominent Member
...a 24" 2.4GHz iMac with the 2.8GHz upgrade.

I'm waiting for Jan 14th though to see what Mr Jobs announces. Obviously the iMac is too new for any major changes but there's always the possibility of a speed bump/price drop....

4GB from Crucial is £100 at the moment, has that gone up from mid December?

barongreenback

Established Member
No idea about the price there but I've just had 4GB of Kingston RAM from Play.com at a shade over £50.

Bob Todd

Banned

I'm waiting for Jan 14th though to see what Mr Jobs announces. Obviously the iMac is too new for any major changes but there's always the possibility of a speed bump/price drop....

be very careful when buying ram for your mac!

I get mine from Crucial...........now I do

I tried the cheap way from ebay

ram is the single biggest cause of the Multilingual screen of death, those extra few pounds could save you plenty of tears;)

morb666

Established Member

Exactly the same as me...just hanging on for a few more days just in case and then I'm ordering...I'm really looking forward to it, although slightly worried as I work in IT and have been a PC user from back in the DOS days...no Mac experience at all :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 39001

Exactly the same as me...just hanging on for a few more days just in case and then I'm ordering...I'm really looking forward to it, although slightly worried as I work in IT and have been a PC user from back in the DOS days...no Mac experience at all :rolleyes:

I used to work in IT for 8 years from the win 3.11 early 95 day's, still work in the technology field for an ISP now. Trust me you will appreciate the difference. Ease of use and quality. IT's so much easier to use then Windows and is easy to pick up.

baldrick

Prominent Member
I used to work in IT for 8 years from the win 3.11 early 95 day's, still work in the technology field for an ISP now. Trust me you will appreciate the difference. Ease of use and quality. IT's so much easier to use then Windows and is easy to pick up.

You'll love it! Everything about them is good and you'll be so impressed when you plug in a digital camera and iPhoto opens rather than a pop up asking you to install drivers!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom