1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Purple Splodges? Help needed please.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MIGHTYrog, Jun 12, 2003.

1. MIGHTYrog

MIGHTYrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi,
    Just wanted to know if anyone can help me with clearing up a querie i have about my projector.

I have some smallish purple splodges being projected which are very noticable on a white background. The projector has had these since i bought it so it didn't just happen over night.

Just wanted to know whether you guys rekon that it is pixel drop out or just dust build up behind the lens/lcd panel. My father seems to think that it is just dust because if i focus out they turn from fuzzy splodges into cripser purple splodges. :) And some of you guys being alot more knowledgeable about these such things could help and possible suggest a remedy to fix the situation.

The projector is a NEC MT800G, if anyone has ever heard of one of those as i can find didly squat about it on the web. It has been a good Projector up to yet this problem aside.

Can anyone help out with any words of wisdom or even a Service manual ( has this model got a secret service menu or mode??)

Any help greatly appreciated

Roger

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I reckon he's right, though most folk tend to notice duct blobs when the projector is not displaying any input (i.e., it's just showing a "grey" screen.....). If you feel up to it, there's details on the forum about blowing out dust blobs with compessed air - the Search button on the top right hand side of the page is your friend.

Dropped pixels are far easier to identify - if you focus the projector sharply, and get close to the screen, you should be able to see the individual pixels quite clearly - if you had dropped or dead pixels you'd see them straight away - and they wouldn't be purple or blobby.

Sean G.