Getting presents to work??

Dony

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I'm sure most parents have struggled trying to get their kids presents to work properly, and from experience it's normally a fairly simple solution.
But with this one I'm stumped....

Santa brought a Hello Kitty MP3 player to my daughter, and the first instruction it gives is to charge for 4-6 hours before use. No problem there, except it didn't come with a charger!!!!
Anyone else had the same problem, and what did you do?

I might be back later of I can't get my sons PS3 headset to work :rolleyes:

Feel free to use this thread for any other Present woes. :thumbsup:

What kind of connection does it have? It could have a mini or micro USB, in which case, chck any external hard drives or mobiles you have. They could have the same connection.

can it not be charged via a USB port?

Thanks both...looks like a micro USB, so I'll have a rummage and see what I can find.

Edit...PS3 controller cable fits so we have lift off!!!!

Last edited:
Just been tidying the kitchen and came across a USB charging lead. Showed it to Mrs Dony and said this is what I've been looking for all afternoon and you told me there was nothing else in the box.
Her reply was an indignant, how am I supposed to know that's a charger...where's the plug? :facepalm:

Don't, we've spent almost 45 minutes setting mousetrap up!

Quite a few things are charge from USB now, rather than supplied a charger. Good idea really..off the top of my head- xbox battery pack, sansa clip, kindle, RC chopper, phone, clock/radioPS3 controller, headphone amp.

Kindle has a different type of plug, RC chopper unique connector, clock/radio, phone, xbox battery. Pretty annoying really..

Well, looks like Hello Kitty will be going back to Santa's grotto tomorrow.
It's fully charged, music transferred, but it sounds like the Chipmunks with a dodgy mic....squeaking and intermittent breaks. :(

My four year old got a remote control car from his great grand mum and he found some batteries and fitted them himself before playing with the car as he was fed up of waiting for us to sort it :eek:

On the other hand I have a Playmobil plane to build tomorrow and it's basically a giant 3D puzzle :(

Quite a few things are charge from USB now, rather than supplied a charger. Good idea really..off the top of my head- xbox battery pack, sansa clip, kindle, RC chopper, phone, clock/radioPS3 controller, headphone amp.

Kindle has a different type of plug, RC chopper unique connector, clock/radio, phone, xbox battery. Pretty annoying really..
My Kindle doesn't. It came with a mains plug with a USB outlet, so you can charge it off the mains or from a computer. It's very useful, because it can be used to power or charge any other USB device. Is this the foreruner of a truly universal charging standard?

The New 3G kindle only comes with the cable. The plug you purchase seperate. I know that you can use any old one, but I bought that one because it was a present.

My Kindle doesn't. It came with a mains plug with a USB outlet, so you can charge it off the mains or from a computer. It's very useful, because it can be used to power or charge any other USB device. Is this the foreruner of a truly universal charging standard?

Kindle one is 850ma not 1A though

One of the few good things about my HTC Wildfire is that it came with that sort of plug - a wall plug with a USB female socket - so you can charge the phone from the wall, or take the cable out and charge it from a computer. Waffly versatile.

One of the few good things about my HTC Wildfire is that it came with that sort of plug - a wall plug with a USB female socket - so you can charge the phone from the wall, or take the cable out and charge it from a computer. Waffly versatile.

I thought I was the only one who said that!!...the power of advertising. :thumbsup:

i keep thinking the thread title is about bringing present into work for some reason...

:facepalm::facepalm:

Not just me then!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom