1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting pinnacles studio 8 onto tape

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by chickenslippers, Feb 7, 2003.

1. chickenslippers

chickenslippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im having trouble getting my edited video to render ready for tape. I edit the video ok it plays no problem but when i go to make movie and choose tape it starts to render then just sits there. To get my movies onto tape so far i render as a mpeg at highest definition (renders no problem) then play back the mpeg and record on my video. Rendering on tape has worked once but i dont think i did anything different. The quality of video was better that once than when i do copies from the mpeg. My pc is a compaq presario 6195EA with an Athlon XP2200 running Windows XP Home Edition . I have been to pinnacles web site and i cant find any information about a bug for my problem so I think it must be me.
    Any help please

2. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Make sure you get the latest Studio 8 beta. They keep fixing bugs, and with luck, you'll be ok. Latest is 8.5.8 here.

Best of luck! I'm still waiting for a version that can cope with more than 1 DVD menu :rolleyes:.

Andrew

3. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Hang on, I've just read your post properly.

By "make tape" do you mean outputting back to your DV camcorder? In which case there is no need to be making MPEG anyway. The only render that should be happening is of your transitions and smartsound (if any).

Or are you talking about outputting to a VCR? In which case how are you achieving that? Playing at fullscreen through a TV out card? Again, why bother with MPEG? Make a big AVI as you have no filelength restriction on XP - better quality than MPEG.

Confused?

Andrew

4. LEMONPJ

LEMONPJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Boltoa.....

I've been using Pinnacle Studio 8, what do you mean when you say you're waiting for a version that can cope with more than one menu ???

My home made DVD's made with Pinnacle 8 have as many menus as I want to put on, A main root menu with links to chapter menus, special feature menus etc.

Or do you mean something else ??

5. boltoa

boltoa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    Nope, I mean exactly that. A DVD burnt with multiple menus is totally unplayable in all players.

Pinnacle have released several betas with fixes in. For about 2 months anybody not on XP couldn't compile a DVD at all, then when they did fix it so I could create a DVD they broke other stuff.

What version are you using? On what OS? Are you actually burning DVDs using Studio itself or some other product? Take a look at the Pinnacle BBS for some interesting posts :).

Andrew

6. chickenslippers

chickenslippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when i go to make movie i choose tape, then click on create the box then says status rendering please wait. Then sometimes it starts then goes back to the beginning but most times it just sits there doing nothing.
    when i said i get a playback by doing an mpeg i meant i create movie doing mpeg because i want the film on disk so i can post it to my mate in the states and he plays it on media player. Creating movie on mpeg is the only option that completes the render part, i tried avi as you suggested and that just hangs there as well. Have been to pinnacles web site but each time i try and download the beta the flapping file continues to fly from the globe to the folder on the download window but the amount of data transfered stops and it just sits there. the furthest i have got is 3.47mb then it just hangs up. Is this my system or do other people have problems downloading from pinnacles. I have no trouble downloading emails or searching the web

7. LEMONPJ

LEMONPJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Boltoa

I'm using Studio 8.3.17 on Windows XP, I am using Studio to burn the DVD's to DVD+RWs.

I have had occasions when some of my chapter links haven't worked, however after tweaking with the chapter flags that appear on the time line and then rerendering and reburning back to DVD+RW, they've worked a treat.

I have not had a single problem with rendering and compiling disc content, I have always created disc content without burning first and then burn later from the disc content that is stored on the hard drive.

I've created quite a few DVDs, all with an Into menu which usually includes buttons for "play movie" and "scene selection" which then takes you to a chapter menu with moving thumbnails and two extra buttons to take you the next chapter menu and the previous chapter menu (i've never used the next & previous" button's on chapter menus though) and like I say no problems, and all discs play fine on my set top player.

Is this what you are saying you cannot do ?

8. chickenslippers

chickenslippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers guys thanks for the help. In the end got a friend of mine to download the update from pinnacles, looks like i have a problem with my internet connection that wont download large files. I loaded the update and now the make movie onto tape option works everytime.

Hugs and Snugs Simon

:smashin: