• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Getting my Sony TV to switch on showing HD input

ghost5

Hi,

I have a Sony KDL40S2000U, when ever I switch on the TV from standby it starts up showing the analogue input (freeview). What I want to it to do is start up showing the HDMI input, as I never use the freeview.

I know I can disable the inputs from showing, I currently have HDMI and component enabled, but I can not find anywhere in the menus that lets me skip the analogue.

I know someone who has the Sony 55" 3LCD TV and whenever the TV is brought from standby it goes straight to the HDMI input.

Thanks

badbob

Banned
You need discrete IR codes.:) buy a remote with them built-in, or one you can import from another method (ie pronto CCF) Check remote central for user files/discretes for the remote you're considering.
sony.jpg

ghost5

Have you tried switching what is on the HDMI on first then the tv?

Hi, yes whether the sky box is swithced on or off the tv starts up showing freeview first.

As for getting a new programable remote, that seems over the top for what I want, I'd rather just keep it the way I have it and manully select HDMI input everytime.

Thanks

badbob

Banned
Well you either need discretes, or macro function (1, then input three times)
Either way you can't make do with bundled remotes.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom