• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Getting my PS3 Online (Will this work?)

absolution2

Standard Member
Hey Guys

Ive been reading alot of posts on here regarding to getting my PS3 online, and some very good info, and have come to this conclusion, which will i think work, but i wanna confirm before i go ahead. Thanks in advance

I have Virgin Media Cable Internet, My PC is upstairs, and my PS3 is downstairs in the lounge next to my V+ Box. If i buy a router (any good recommendations??) and plug this into the Ethernet port on the back of the V+ Box, then plug the PS3 into the router, will i be able to connect to the net then?

As my PC is upstairs, this is the only way i can see connecting it wirelessly were the signal is strong enough?

Thanks Again

Fentyke

Established Member
I think it will depend on where your Virgin BB modem is, if you can move it downstairs and if it's possible to connect the modem and the TV box to 1 connection point.

I've got a very similar set up but whilst the TV and modem signal enter the house via same box outside, the BB signal is not transmitted on the line running into the tv box and runs off an entirely differant cable which runs into an upsatirs room where I have my PC. There is a separate cable from the same box outside which runs into the front room to the TV. I didn't ask Virgin if this was possible as I already had a router upstairs and usually an average 40% signal quality and don't get too many problems with it. I'll also add that the router is a fair distance from the PS3.

An ideal and affordable solution would be homeplugs. Just do a search on this forum and you'll find all the info you'll need about them. I'm certainly going to get some just as soon as I get round to it.

absolution2

Standard Member
Thanks for recommending Homeplugs fentyke, after reading up about them, this is definately the way to go for me, im gonna get a cable router, and 2 plugs i think, that shud do the job. just gotta get that 100 quid from somewhere now lol

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom