1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting My PC to recognise my PT-AE100

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by TB, Aug 20, 2002.

1. TB

TB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    OK,

Have had Powerstrip setup no problem, but I can only get WIDE480 to work on my monitor.

Basically, if I start my PC plugged into my monitor it'll start up in Wide480 mode and then swap cables so that it's running through the projector, all is well. I get WIDE480 on the PJ.

But when I start the PC connected to the projector it won't display WIDE 480, giving me 640x480 or some such resolution. I've tried the Sony Driver but that seems to make no difference.

I can get 1280x720 running but everything (powerdvd and Windvd) seems to crash in that res.

All I want is to be able to start up the PC while connect to the PJ in WIDE480 mode.

BTW I'm running Win 98. Graphics card Voodoo 5500 (don't laugh!)

Any help gratefully received.

2. Lem

Lem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm.. seems like card is not registering the type of monitor as its not connected and defaulting to standard VGA 640x480.
    Prob. get around it with a registry hack - I will certainly look into as I think it is a problem I will face also... I'll post my findings here.

3. Lem

Lem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if this happens with the Radeon? ,or can you boot up without the monitor to your choice of resolution?

I know reg. hacks are available for the radeon to enable different resolutions without using powerstrip, but does that stop it defaulting to standard VGA without a monitor?

4. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have the rcognise plug and play monitors box ticked. (there is one in winme i don't know about 98)

Could it be seeing it as a plug and play 4:3 monitor so not letting you use the wide res .

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,129
    Mine works fine.
    Radeon VE 32M (6025 driver)
    Powerstrip created resolution 848x480 selectable in normal display settings.
    Monitor type is set to the sony 900W monitor driver ( comes with W2K pretty sure it there in XP and 98se too : model number may not be exactly right)

ae100 is set to pc priority : wide.

6. TB

TB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yup you're spot on. I'd downloaded some other driver and the PC didn't like it. When I set the monitor type last night it worked perfectly.

Very pleased. Really makes a difference to pq. No jaggies or tearing anymore.

The only downside is I'm now seeing the real quality of some of my discs. Grain really is a pain in the backside.

Loved AI on my 28" Panny, doesn't look quite so good on a 90" screen.

Thanks for your help as always folks.