1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting my new DVR-75 to record from my VHS

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by docroy, Jun 29, 2004.

1. docroy

docroy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have just connected up my system with my vcr going into my Philips DVR-75 and then into my Philips TV. How the hell do I get my DVR to record my old VHS tapes? When I switch them on, the screen shows the video I want to tape but the DVR records ITV! Which button am I not pressing?
    Cheerz for any help guyz.

2. ash71

ash71
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    If you have a SCART cable going from you VCR into the EXT2 socket on your DVD-R75 you just need to use the CH+/- keys until you see EXT2 on the R75 's front display/OSD. Just press the REC and happy copying.

If you are using the RF cable to link 'em together, invest in a SCART cable!
    Good luck

3. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Docroy,
    press the 'moniter' button and this will show you what the recorder is seeing and what you will record, as Ash states above use the channel +/- keys to select the input to the recorder which should be EXT2 if you've used scart in from vcr
    The recorder will allow you to loop through so that is why you are watching the vcr recording but the recorder is recording a different signal.
    Don't worry when you get it sorted you will be pleased with the results, if you're still experimenting use +RW to make sure you're happy with the results/quality etc and then assuming you're archiving you can just use cheaper +R without making coasters.
    Cheers, Andrew (one of the few happy dvdr75 owners??;))

4. docroy

docroy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. It's now working! Titling the bloody sections is a pain though!
    Cheerz