Getting my AOL MAC code.

Bill Hicks

Banned
I will be phoning AOL as I'm changing my ISP to BT Infinity at the end of the month. I've been reading lots of horror stories from other AOL users who have had to jump through hoops to get their MAC code from them, so I'm wondering, has anyone else got their MAC code from AOL and was it a major hassle?
What's the best way to deal with this if (or when) I encounter difficulties with them? I was reading OffCom's advice that as a private user I should have to wait no longer than 5 working days to receive the code. I'm now outside my 18 month contract period.

I don't have much patience with isp/telephone call centers so I would like to get as much info before I make the call so I don't loose my rag with them over the phone, which wont get me anywhere! :D

Thanks.

Last edited:

wormvortex

Tell them you now work with BT and will be getting the broadband for free so unless aol will match that price you will not be staying with them :)

Bill Hicks

Banned
Tell them you now work with BT and will be getting the broadband for free so unless aol will match that price you will not be staying with them :)
:) I got it sorted earlier. No fuss at all, just spoke to one of their staff over in Ireland. Gave me all the spiel about we can match BT with the same speed etc but I was firm but polite. Should be getting my code within 5 days. Just have to wait now to see if it arrives. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom