• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Getting movies to bedroom.....

Chrissieboy123

Standard Member
Hello all, i have just got my mede8er for the lounge etc and putting my films onto it. i dont have an tv aerial or anything like that in the bedroom so i am asking if there is a cheap and cheerful option of getting any of the movies from my mede8er and eventually my nas drive hopefully wirelessly streamed to the bedroom or if need be through a cable. can anyone help

next010

Distinguished Member
Cheap no... unless you want to use a basic wireless video sender but image quality will take a hit and those things interfere with wireless networks.

The expensive option would be to buy another Mede8er and use that, connect it up using homeplugs to your router. Homeplugs deliver network ethernet over the powerlines of the house and should deliver better performance then wireless.

Less expensive option would be to buy an Asus O!Play to read the content from the Mede8er hard drive till you get your NAS in place, the O!Play is the same hardware as the Mede8er but cannot take an internal HD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom