Getting it to my Panny

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by ColdKilla, Nov 3, 2005.

1. ColdKilla

ColdKilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have downloaded a Sony HD demo off the ole t'internet which is about a 2gb .ts file - Simple question is really how can i display this on my 37" PV500?

I have a pc upstairs with a wireless network router a ES10 DVD player connected to the panny and a dodgy old laptop with a celeron processor -

How can I demo the HD on my panny?

CK

2. pez

pez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    my best guess (and one that ive seen work on a panasonic ae500 720p projector) is to hook up your PC to your TV (hdmi or dvi), set your desktop screen res to match the native res of the screen, get a program called VLC (free) http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ and play it full screen from there. Its unlikely the celeron will have the legs to process the .ts file, but you should give that a go first.

It will look impressive.

I downloaded some superbowl coverage from earlier in the year to demo it to some friends who are into american football, and compared to the carp that Sky broadcast for the event in this country (read-fuzzy, blurry, not the same colour etc) it was like being there (almost - we had beer and food!).

What res is the .ts file?

pez

3. ColdKilla

ColdKilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Well....My PC upstairs has DVI output but is about probably the opposite end of my house to the TV so aside from getting a 20 metre cable and run it the length of my house I am struggling there.

My other laptop here at work is a p4 2.8 ghz so may run it better so maybe just copy it to this machine then VGA cable it over? Then do all the video lan stuff??

I dont know the res of the file tbh just saw it on a newsgroup and thought I would give it a go.

I still dont really understand 720 1080i and 1080p and what my 37" pV500 can do but I dont wanna get too bogged down with that just want a spanking HD demo to show off!!!!

CK

4. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    i grabbed that sony demo aswell and can't play it via my linktheater, i might try running it through hdtv2mpeg as it really does look nice.

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,595
    ColdKilla

See the article on the AVForums home page on the SnaZio SZ1350 - its a networked DVD player that can stream *.ts HD files from your Network and output them as '720P or 1080i via 'Component' video (3RCA).

Best regards

Joe

6. ColdKilla

ColdKilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got the sony HD clip running thru laptop over VGA and Videolan - My god was I blown away, not sure re all the scaling and native resolutions and all that stuff but the picture was rediculously clear - infact clearer than I thought my eyes were!!!

Absolutely breathtaking stuff - if you have a HD screen try to get a HD demo on there - it will make u a happy man / or woman

CK

7. Viberious

Viberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Can you post the link for the download?