Getting into home cinema, need some speakers.

bluetooth

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am looking to get into this kind of thing, bu don't have the money now for anything big ( nor do i want it ) just want a nice looking and sounding 5.1

I have decided on the sony G910 ( correct ? ) HDMI reciever, so i can put everything through that and it will just put 1 hdmi out to the tv. Unless there is anything much better for £300 ?

Then speakers. " choices i have been looking at are the KEF 2005.2 eggs, or the Q acoustics 1010 5.1. Are the 1010's big ? i can't tell from pictures, and i can't go and get a demo of them.

I really just want something good for music, games and movies, while still looking nice. Which will be best for me ?

thanks alot.

hey there,
no they are not that big and do sound nice i had a test of them and sounded alright. do you want a style speaker package so small? or a larger one with floor standers?
cheers
simon

Certianly not floorstanders, biggest i'd want is small bookshelfs ( this is for a bedroom ) hence why i am loking at the eggs and those q acoustics.

If the 1010's arn't too big, would i notice much better music performance then the kef eggs ? Need to be good all rounders.

when i herd the Q acoustics the music sounded better than when i had the KEF eggs. i would say the Q acoustics are a better choice in my opinion.
simon

Have you considered these? http://www.orbaudio.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2
Bit of a pain having to order from the states (although the current favourable exchange rate means you get a great deal) but remarkable value for money and superb sound.
I reckon they'd blow the KEF or Q Acoustics package out of the water for sound quality.
Think Anthony Gallo at a fraction of the price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom