1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting hold of a broadcast vidcam

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by inquisitive, May 26, 2005.

1. inquisitive

inquisitive
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wish to make a 10 min shortfilm set around a sportgame theme. have drawn up storyboard and shooting script.....

where/how can we obtain a broadcast qual camera to capture the footage? as have no/min budget: ideas of lateral thinking, colaboration type thing... but where?, who?, do local tv have cams available for 'potential' filmmakers etc?

would be greatful for ideas, creative thinking etc, thanks

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are many community groups that offer vastly reduced rates to members, do a google search.

Sometimes BBC & C4 give out cams, but for very sepcific projects like 'video nation', with dictated production details.

Basically, it's going to cost you money.
    There is no shortage of wannabe film-makers out there.

There are a few short film schemes with free use of equipment, but you then have to go through selection panels and let the producers take a lot of control over your project.

3. inquisitive

inquisitive
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for thoughts Roy.

have met those producers that seem to want 'all' control, not even reasonable amount..... guess havnt met the right one ... yet.

was wondering that there should be a forum where people with own skill/equip can meet and the outcome (when compatible) would be a collaboration..... camera op, dir of lighting, writer/director etc.... any one know of such a forum.... anywhere (if on the net).

....your idea of community groups, led me to think of local video club type thing.... so will have a nose locally.

thanks

4. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try 'www.shootingpeople.com'

Previous comments stand.
    I hire my DSR Cam & Vinten PT for £140 a day, my FX for £90.
    I can't really imagine a situation where I would let folk use my kit for free, Even if it was Alexander Payne asking.
    Good luck though.

5. inquisitive

inquisitive
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, just discovered that one on the net, thanks. Seems to be the kind of thing........... not into 'free', but 'trading skills/equipment', kinda team work potential collaboration.
    cheers for now.
    Alexander Payne :smashin: