1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting HDTV ready

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jameson_uk, Oct 14, 2005.

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I am putting a hold on all HTPC / Audio / Visual activity for a year or so until Sky go HD. I am going to need to get a new TV so will go for something like a 32" LCD.

As my HTPC already has DVI out, is there anything I need to consider with the HTPC to make it all fit in ??

2. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    Anyone ??

Is there anything I need to know ?? The only thing I have thought about is getting a TV with two HDMI / DVI inputs so I can have one from PC and one from Sky HD STB.

I seem to recall that there are various forms of DVI, will I be able to plug the DVI on may Radeon card straight into the DVI in a LCD TV ?? (Also I think you can just convert between DVI and HDMI so I could plug PC into a HDMI socket??)

3. meansizzler

meansizzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    I found the right screen for you...it's an Samsung LCD, suitable for HTPC...

[​IMG]

£1300

It has component and DVI input, you can use the DVI for your HTPC and your SKy HD on the Component, but make sure you get the first SKY HD box with the component output, as i'm not sure if this screen support HDCP