Question Getting Harmony remote to work with Sonos Play One?

Claremac

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a Harmony, probably a 650 but was planning to get a couple of Sonos Play Ones for Christmas. They are shown as not compatible on the Harmony website but it looks like you can try to program them manually? Has anyone managed this successfully please?

I believe you need the Harmony Hub for Sonos. I never tried it though. The only Sonos device which has an IR receiver is the PLAYBAR and then it's really limited anyway. You can control your volume, mute toggle and change input from Sonos back to TV.

Thanks. Probably bad news then as I was struggling to justify the cost of the 650 and the Ultimate is way more.

They were in Amazon sales last January for good price if I remember correctly. Might be worth holding out.

If any device can be controlled by infra red then it can be controlled by any Harmony.
That may include "learning" to the Harmony though that is unusual.

The Harmony control of Sonos is via IP (Network) and for this you need one of the HUb based devices. As has been mentioned above

Some bargains to be had on the Elite today I think looking at this section

Only just got back on here and the Elite mentioned above has gone back up to £200+. Thanks for all the help. I contacted Logitech directly and they confirmed that I would need a remote with a hub - the Ultimate rather than the Ultimate One or Touch. Funny thing is that the Ultimate is not available on the Logitech website.

That's bad news for me then. I could never think of spending over £200 on a remote control no matter how good. The question now will be whether it is worth getting the 650 evn though it won't control turning on the sound and adjusting the volume. It seems pointless to still need 2 remotes so I'm probably going to leave it for now. Thanks for the help.

That it's not on the Web site doesn't mean it's not available.
You could find it quite easily.

Amazon have it for £139 at the moment. The other option is to look at whether there is good alternative to the Sonos Play One which would be compatible with the full Harmony range. Have to leave that to the OH though as he's the audiophile.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom