1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Frenchy, German channels from the uk!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Dystran, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Dystran

Dystran
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in London, UK.

Someone once told me that we can buy a Satellite system from a large store and this will allow us to get TV broadcasts from the continent (France, Germany etc etc). There would be no subscription as the channels are the French and German free TV signals. Come to think of it, i once saw ALDI's (large supermaket chain) selling a satallite system for aorund £50 - it was not SKY either.

Does anyone know about this? ie. is this true - and also what is the cheapest way of going about receiving these channels.

Any advice would be most welcome. The reason I am asking is that I am trying to learn French and German and being able to get at-least some of those channels would help in my learning.

Cheers everyone
    Gavin

2. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yes you can german channels are on 19.2east and french channels are on 5west

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    A cheap system will get you channels and a fully specced motorised system will get you hundreds mate, see www.satalogue.com for more info.

4. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I have one of these things lying in the loft somewhere. They can be used to pick up analogue transmissions which are unencrypted - no card slot.Lots of German channels are availible on 19.2E showing film's, sport, music etc etc.

5. mkcheznous

mkcheznous
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I get the following french channels using an analogue box + 60cm dish without subscription :

TF1,TF2,TF3, Canal+(mostly scambled but some clear), Arte/tv5, M6.

If you have a look at www.mkcheznous.fsnet.co.uk you will find out pretty much all you need to know as to set up for french TV.