Getting DVD's onto my Zen

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by pwiles1968, Jun 8, 2008.

1. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I recently purchased a creative Zen 16GB, and it is a fantastic little player, audio quality is good (as long as you throw away the bundled phones and go for something decent)

I have tried a couple of Divx TV episodes I just happend to have on the PC and it is pretty watcheable the quality is excellent OK so it is only 2.5" but for occasional use it is perfect.

What I need is a piece of software (preferably free) to convert some of my DVD's to AVI files, I am trying as we speak ripping a movie to HD with DVD Shrink then using Auto Gordian Knot to convert to XviD, it is a bit long winded, is there anything out there that I can just throw a disc in and GO?

Thanks for any suggestions

Paul.

2. Neilypeel

Neilypeel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's DVD Shrink I've used in the past. Once you've ripped to AVI, just use the software that comes with the Zen to change your ripped AVI file into the correct (WMV) format. You can choose whether to keep widescreen ratio or it can cut the edges off the film to fill your Zens screen. It even asks you if you want the file transferred to your player once conversion is complete. Takes about an hour.

3. pwiles1968

pwiles1968

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    When I rip with DVD Shrink All I get is IFO and VOB files which creative video converter does not see, am I doing something wrong, cant see much in the way of settings.

4. Neilypeel

Neilypeel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  5. tokwitney

tokwitney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    How do I convert a 3gp file I've taken on my phone to WMV to enable me to put it on my zen+?