1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting DV to PC from Sony PC110E

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Wolvo, Dec 9, 2001.

1. Wolvo

Wolvo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Sony PC110E DV camcorder and a Firewire card (not Sony) for my PC.

I have connected the firewire card to my PC and according to the Control Panel everything is working OK, however when I connect my camcorder to the PC with the 4 to 6 pin cable that came with my firewire card, Windows explorer recognises the Sony DV Camcorder but when I click on it it says that 'The imaging device filed to initialize, make sure that it is properly connected then refresh the folder'.

It is connected properly, but it still keeps coming up with this error.

The Display on the camera is set to LCD and the A/V-DV out is switched on as suggested in the manual (although it does still say DV IN on the screen).

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong as I am new to DV camcording and am probably doing something completely wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Wolvo

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,663
    You have to turn the dial on your camcorder to VCR (assuming its the same as my Sony TRV30 - which it should be).
    Have you done this?

3. Wolvo

Wolvo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply.

I have sorted the problem, which apparently was the fact that the Version of Video Wave I have does not support DV and also Windows Explorer should not be used to access a Camcorder.

I therefore tried Windows Video Maker and everything worked fine, so it looks like I will need to invest in some new video editing software.

Does anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks

Wolvo