Getting DAB In Bedroom

PocketOperator

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I live in a flat and have an old Panasonic mini hi-fi with DAB radio (model SC-PM45DB) in the bedroom but there is no connection to the outdoor aerial. The connections are in the living room (an outlet box to connect to the TV aerial, satellite and FM/DAB).

Short of getting someone to come round and install an aerial outlet in the bedroom, is there a way to connect the bedroom to the living room aerial box or some kind of DAB signal booster I can set up in the bedroom?

The Panasonic hi-fi does come with a T-Bar aerial cable but this is rubbish and I can't seem to get a good reception no matter where I place it and so I bought a Philex 27741 indoor aerial but again, the signal quality is quite poor.

Failing this I could get an internet radio as I do have wi-fi in the bedroom but thought I would try the DAB option first.

Thanks for any help.

Hi

If the FM/DAB aerial booster search fails (or even if it doesn't), you might not need to swap it for an internet radio device. Looks like the old Panasonic SC-PM45DB has an aux in (the 'Music Port') which you could attach a Google Chromecast Audio, currently half price at Currys (£15). So internet radio & a multitude of other network audio streaming possibilities, plus multiroom sync with other Chromecast Audio devices in your home.

Also, it's possible Panasonic's USB port may have enough current to power the CCA, so no need to attach its mains adapter and have to find another mains socket - bonus!

John

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom