Getting component video to work =/

A

azabednego

Having a difficult time getting my new TV (Dynex DX-LCD32) to display my DVD player's (Aspire AD-N820B) progressive scan output.

I apologize in advance if this has been covered elsewhere, but my quick search in the forums has brought up nothing. If it HAS been brought up just... be nice and link to me the topic =/ I'm a n00b when it comes to A/V equipment.

I went into the DVD player's menu and selected the following options:

Component: YUV
Tv Mode: P-Scan

Using my standard yellow cable.

But when I hook up my component video and select the proper input, my TV just says "No Signal".

Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone else had similar issues? I can't believe I don't know how to plug in a simple video cable =/ Any help would be appreciated

I don't know anything about your particular player, but some players won't ouput component if the scart output is set to RGB. If it is, try setting it to composite.

Using my standard yellow cable.

But when I hook up my component video and select the proper input, my TV just says "No Signal".

Unsure of your specific problem but just fyi,

The Yellow cable is Composite.
Component is 3 cables, Red, Green & Blue.

Unsure of your specific problem but just fyi,

The Yellow cable is Composite.
Component is 3 cables, Red, Green & Blue.

I know.

I don't know anything about your particular player, but some players won't ouput component if the scart output is set to RGB. If it is, try setting it to composite.

Could "scart output" be called something else? I looked through the setup menus on the DVD player and couldnt find this... but some sorta setting to "RGB" sounds familiar. I included pt 2 of the instructions, am I just blind?

=/

Attachments

• ome16-3900_part2.pdf
    459.3 KB · Views: 66
Obviously everybody is clutching at straws here,because we are not familiar with your player or your tv.
Some of the stuff mentioned might seem obvious..but sometimes it can be the obvious that is at fault.
I found out that your tv unusually has 2 Component inputs,so i assume you are selecting the correct one? Will either be Video 5 or 6.

Obviously everybody is clutching at straws here,because we are not familiar with your player or your tv.
Some of the stuff mentioned might seem obvious..but sometimes it can be the obvious that is at fault.
I found out that your tv unusually has 2 Component inputs,so i assume you are selecting the correct one? Will either be Video 5 or 6.

I know we're all clutching at straws here - I appreciate everyones help in this matter... I tried selecting both of the Component Video inputs on the TV - and both of them say "No Signal". I also double checked to make sure I lined up the colors correctly.

One thing I might like to add - is I'm not using expensive cables. Could it be due to the fact I'm not using Monster Brand or something - that Best Buy was pushing on me?

I'd hate to go back in there and tell them that they were right =/

[EDIT]

In case anyone wants to see Part 1 - of the DVD instructions, I've uploaded them at the following link. I think its kinda useless, but maybe anyone of you can find something I can't :(

http://upload2.net/page/download/09J77hMtgahmkLU/ome16-3900_part1.pdf.html

I'm pretty sure its the ... DVD player and not the TV - because the TV is brand new. Its my DVD player thats... cheap looking.

One thing I might like to add - is I'm not using expensive cables. Could it be due to the fact I'm not using Monster Brand or something - that Best Buy was pushing on me?
This is one thing i can tell you with absolute certainty....NO,they were simply trying to get you to spend more money.;)

Just looked at part 1 of your instructions....the only thing i can see is....i take it that pressing button 3 on the remote(V.Mode),has exactly the same effect as step 4.1(Component)in part 2 of your instructions,and the setting you have selected is YUV?

Also...it may seem silly,but have you made sure you have connected your cables correctly at the DVD player end - L shape,2 on top,one on bottom?

This is one thing i can tell you with absolute certainty....NO,they were simply trying to get you to spend more money.;)

Well the only reason I ask - is the cables I'm using now are not heavily shielded, they're your standard composite plastic not overly shielded. Wheres a good place to get good cables that are reasonably priced?

Just looked at part 1 of your instructions....the only thing i can see is....i take it that pressing button 3 on the remote(V.Mode),has exactly the same effect as step 4.1(Component)in part 2 of your instructions,and the setting you have selected is YUV?

Yes, toggling that V.Mode button has the same affect as selecting the same thing from the menu.

Component: YUV
Tv Mode: P-Scan

When I select those settings, the video signal coming out of the single yellow cable - makes the screen go crazy kinda. Yet the components not outputing anything :( I know Bolander mentioned an RGB setting in the 2nd post, but I'm unable to find that. Could that be part of the solution?

Also...it may seem silly,but have you made sure you have connected your cables correctly at the DVD player end - L shape,2 on top,one on bottom?

Yes, I double and triped checked - to make sure they lined up. And they are in the L formation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom