Getting CD player from RS this weekend, which one?

rupbert

Established Member
Reaction score
Choice is:

Cambridge Azure 640c £250
NAD 542 £290
Arcam CD62 £250!

Heard Azure and NAD (similar/good), Arcam has the pedigree...

Budget £400...

Will be using with Sony STR-DB790, no dedicated stereo amp; will use the CDP's DAC though with IXOS interconnect.

Need to make a decision by Saturday peeps!

ta :)

Try hearing em' all!!;) That way you can make your choice and not look back thinking if only.....................! I would opt for the Arcam, but thats because their sound suits me. Might not suit you though!!

The Azure has been well recieved as has the NAD so it's all up to personal taste!! Try going into a dealer which either has your amp or will allow you to test the CD player with it. Get them to hook it up to similair speakers then choose disks you know REALLY well. Enjoy!!!

Confucious say - Never buy kit without hearing it!!! :nono:

Originally posted by overkill
Try hearing em' all!!;) That way you can make your choice and not look back thinking if only.....................! I would opt for the Arcam, but thats because their sound suits me. Might not suit you though!!

The Azure has been well recieved as has the NAD so it's all up to personal taste!! Try going into a dealer which either has your amp or will allow you to test the CD player with it. Get them to hook it up to similair speakers then choose disks you know REALLY well. Enjoy!!!

Confucious say - Never buy kit without hearing it!!! :nono:

Unfortunately the Richer Sounds in Belfast has an 'all purpose' demo room; which means its the shop floor :(

Almost impossible to hear the difference in kit :(

It will probably come down to a choice of 'how it looks'.

Cheers,

Sorry Rupbert!! If you've got £400 to spend why not look elsewhere? Heres a tasty little number for a start! ebay rotel 1070

I also spied a few ARcam 8SE's whilst there............. :D

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom