Getting car insurance

Venomx999

Hey. I'm new to this hence my question....
Is it ok to do speculative quotes or could It affect my quote when I actually come to insure a car ? I'm asking because I'm waiting to hear back from the DVLA regarding which type of license I will have . Due to having to declare a medical condition

I hear it can affect the real quote when i actually come to insure my car ? Or is this only if you do hundreds of speculative quotes

I speculate the worst case is a 1 or 2 year restricted license however I have no idea yet as it could be a long wait

Doug the D

Distinguished Member
Hey. I'm new to this hence my question....
Is it ok to do speculative quotes or could It affect my quote when I actually come to insure a car ? I'm asking because I'm waiting to hear back from the DVLA regarding which type of license I will have . Due to having to declare a medical condition

I hear it can affect the real quote when i actually come to insure my car ? Or is this only if you do hundreds of speculative quotes
Nah, I do them every time I insure a car or bike. Crack on.

outoftheknow

Whilst they share information it is all about catching people who are trying to fraud them. When you take insurance those details are most definitely shares, as are claims etc so you can’t get insurance somewhere else and “forget” a claim or two.

Getting quotes though isn’t quite as strict - you can put different things in and see what difference it makes. :)

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
If in doubt, put in false information which wouldn't affect your quotation, such as an address in the next street, made-up email address, phone number, etc.

I do that sometimes, not just for insurance, although as others have said, it's not really necessary. You can nearly always save the quotation and amend it at a later date, so they are not going to take note of anything you put in before confirming it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom