Getting best Sound from B&W PX7

CJLeica

Novice Member
Hi all,

Just purchased some B&W PX7 headphones. I have an iPhone which I know used AAC bluetooth codec, which I understand is pretty good. Not as good as aptX though. However I see that I can connect the headphones to a PC / Mac via USB C, does this mean I will be transferring lossless music to the headphones, so theoretically the sound quality will be better? Or do I have this totally wrong?

Thank you all

Steven

Senior Moderator
I am not an owner but this should be correct. Has something in testing led you to think there is a limitation with the cable?

CJLeica

Novice Member
Hi Steve, I don’t think so no. I tried to see if I could tell the difference going from BTooth to USB C, not sure I could. Really needs to be an instant changeover to hear it I think.

Im assuming it’s a pure audio format via usb as there’s no analog audio transmitted through usb so must be the DAC in the headphones converting to audio.

Thanks for replying

Steven

Senior Moderator
I think @Ed Selley reviewed this headphone and perhaps can also comment about a called connection

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
I can't remember what the protocol is for USB audio. I'll try and find out.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom