Getting all nostalgic about my first time...panasonic DVD-S52EB-S?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mizar, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Mizar

Mizar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been monitoring the latest thread on best low-end upscaling dvd players and as I'm in the market myself for this range not surprised by the consistent recommendation of the oppo. As its never been the easiest player to get hold of (CRT now the only sellers?) I was wondering if there are any real contenders...i've seen that theres HDMI panasonic option (panasonic DVD-S52EB-S) in at £99 and as I still have my old A160 that still plays nearly everything I can throw at it...and does it well. Anyway whats the verdict?

2. lebel

lebel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3

I purchased the panasonic and was quite impressed with the onboard tinkering features but was less impressed with playback thru hdmi on my back up films especially batman begins (the dark areas in the cave scenes were blocky). Anyway I was going to give up on budget upscalers until I gave the new sony dvp-ns76h a go, what a difference it was, batman begins cave scenes were brilliant. As for sub £100 upscaling dvd players go, I definately would recommend the sony over the panny