• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Getting a Sky HD box with SkyHD Subs.

Zultan

Basically the setup is:-

Living room has Sky+
Bedroom has old Sky box with multiroom.

I want to know if I buy a HD box, will I just be able to plug it in, put my card and go? Will BBC/ITV/C4 HD all work fine? And since Sky+ is at no extra cost now, would I get that?

Thanks/

logiciel

BBC HD and ITV HD yes, C4 HD needs a £20 card.
You already have Sky+ so of course you continue to have it on the HD receiver.

Zultan

I already have SKy+ in the living room, but I'd be putting this in the bedroom....so it'd be a jump from old normal box to HD.

So if I switch everything over, and put the card in the new HD box, it should just work straight away? And how can I pay that £20 for C4 without having to lose my sky card?

logiciel

You'd phone Sky to pair the card with the new receiver, and that would get you C4 HD - my error before.
If the room it's going in has only one satellite connection you don't get full Sky+ functionality.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom