• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Getting a refund from Intekx

LowFatSalad

Standard Member
I made another post recently to get the number for Hannspree in order to chase a repair. RepairTech had my TV for 6 weeks without doing anything with it, lying to me on one occassion. Calling Hannspree had the desired effect of kick starting things and I had the details of a replacement TV (GT02 32E1) being delivered the following day.
It arrived on the 19th and upon switching the unit on for the first time, it emits a constant buzzing sound from the speakers and there are two stuck pixels, one red and the other green, right next to eachother.

Essentially, after 7 weeks I still have a faulty TV and have requested that Intekx provide me with a refund which I am legally entitled to as the repair has not been competed within a reasonable amount of time.
I will say that the TV was purchased in August of 2007, but that does not change anything as it is still under warranty and still within the 6 years provided by the sales of goods act.

What I would appreciate is any advice as to the best way to get a refund. I even offered the idea of an exchange for a different TV but they flat out refused stating that procedure is to replace/repair the unit, which they've already done and failed miserably.

Thanks in advance,

LFS.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom