Getting a phone locked

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Westindieman, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Westindieman

Westindieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Bought a phone off ebay and it is hassle as the seller is being awkward. Didnt send the sim card as advertised and is saying i'm hassleing her about it. Without the card (which I can replace) it is still a good price. I am concerned that if I leave negative feedback as I intend to, she can contact Orange to block the phone. I have unlocked th phone BTW to use on any network, but could she still cause me problems?

2. Westindieman

Westindieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Sorry guys, its the memory card I mean, not the sim card.

3. insomniak123

insomniak123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    you shouldn't leave bad feedback yet, you should log a complaint with ebay for "goods not sold as described" - they should get on her back about it and ban her from trading until it's sorted and you're happy

theoretically I think she could ask orange to block the imei number of the phone, but I think she could only do that for the orange network and not every network. I think.

4. Westindieman

Westindieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149

Waste of time complaining to them in my experience, they just aint interested unless there is mass and consistant fraud I suppose.

5. insomniak123

insomniak123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    I'm still banned 3 years on from eBay coz I had an accident and couldn't post some games out - I had four or five that I had to refund when I got back on the PC, they all accepted and appreciated the problem, there's one bloke though that made a complaint, now apparently doesn't use the same email address or maybe even doesn't use eBay, doesn't answer his phone, and won't accept my offer of a £2.50 refund (!) so eBay refuse to let me back on!! I sent them letter after letter over 4 months with detailed paypal transactions of refunds and responses from understanding customers, but this one bloke who I owe £2.50 won't accept! The nearly 150 100% perfect feedback before that means squat. Petty weird people that they are

Tis for that reason I think eBay is a pile of :boring::oops::spam::devil::thumbsdow

6. Westindieman

Westindieman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Sorry to hear Ebay barred you. They dont seem to care when you are right and they insist on their stance, I have had it too. Didnt you open up another account? I have had dissagreements with them two occasions and had to abandon accounts and start another. You might have to manipulate some details but it can be done.

Anyway the guy in the shop where I took the phone to unlock it says Orange can still bar the phone unless I had a receipt to prove its mine there is nothing I could do.

7. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    If they ban your imei on one network you are banned on them all. A few years ago people use to pull scams on orange insurance and use the phone on voda or bt cellnet ( you can tell i'm still not used to o2) they soon put a stop to that and now they post the phone off to "Pakistan, India and bangladesh" This was causing a **** load of problems for orange they are in talk with people i hear within the asian telecom industry and will be "barring them for good". So unless you can flash them with a new imei number ( its prison if you do) its not much use.

8. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Your first quesion, if you used paypal lodge a complaint NOW. Item is not as described.

Yes she can clock the phone at anytime she wants. She would have to report it lost or stolen get a crime referance number and reoprt to orange who in turn after logging the crime number will send her a newphone and render yours a door stop.
    However is she is found to be making a false claim, the police really will be ****** off yes its worse than not paying your road tax or speeding! ;) they will and always do find out in the end as when the phone is switched off i'm sure you will ring the operator and request infomation. keep the imei number handy inclduing her details for at least a year.

If you leave negative feedback she will return it in kind. I suggest if you buy phones off people try to pick the item up or look at their trading history and rep.

Oh and sorry to hear about the above hope it goes well.:smashin: