Getting a new camera because of JAWS

chaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need some help here on choosing a replacement compact Camera for my Fuji F200EXR. which I lost in Malaysia. Let me explain before going on holiday I brought a waterproof housing for the above camera it said it was ok for up to 30 meters deep so once i was on hols checked in the sea it seemed to be Ok. Well a few days later I was going in a gage to go swimming with sharks which was about 20 meters well to cut a long story short water got into the housing Quickly came to the surface checked the camera NOTHING it was DEAD as luck would have it there was a Fuji show near the Petronas twin towers in KL so took it to the guy there he told me that was nothing they could do with it so one dead phone. So that is why I need a replacement should I go for a other 200EXR or is there something better for the same price.? or should iI go for the 300EXR heard not to many good reports on that one though. One more thing have still have the sim card but so far cant get any photos from it I know its been in sea water but is there a chance I could recover them in any sort of way as its got pictures of lovely sunsets & pictures of me with the Fuji Girl models and other young ladies at the show:blush: rather a expensive holiday.Will get a thowaway underwater camera next year from boots :D

I'll go for the most obvious question first and that's budget? When you try to read the memory card does it show up at all in a PC or do you just get nothing?

John

My limit is about £200 no more just have tried to put the SD card into my Fujifilm USB SD card reader at first it showed 3 photos but no more so went to computer and tried from there. hi-lighted the the USB reader and got the Meesage "please insert a disc into drive" Also tried put the card into a other camera get message "Memory card Error" but when i put the card into computer I saw 3 Photos ??? if i put the card in a warm place could it improve on getting more photos back or am I flogging a dead horse

Last edited:
My limit is about £200 no more just have tried to put the SD card into my Fujifilm USB SD card reader at first it showed 3 photos but no more so went to computer and tried from there. hi-lighted the the USB reader and got the Meesage "please insert a disc into drive" Also tried put the card into a other camera get message "Memory card Error" but when i put the card into computer I saw 3 Photos ??? if i put the card in a warm place could it improve on getting more photos back or am I flogging a dead horse

make sure its properly dried first, leave it for a few days in a box with one of those silicone bags you get with shoes/beef jerky

then try some proper recovery software

I agree with the post above, memory cards are surprisingly durable so it's definitely worth making sure it's properly dried and trying some recovery software as the camera may have written garbage to the card if it was powered up when the underwater housing breached. That could mean it's corrupted the file structure which recovery programs can work around to retrieve the data. It's not guaranteed by any means and the card may be lost but it's certainly worth the time checking.

John

...also as it's been in salt water make sure the card contacts are well cleaned and have no corrosion or dried in salt...

Phew thanks Guys checked the card today got all photos back:clap::clap::thumbsup: now some help in choosing a replacement camera if you don't mind. Should I try and go for a other Fuji F200EXR which I loved or go for the F300 or is there something better? Thanks for any help Given

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom