1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a Jamo cinema speaker set to work with 5.1 Pc sound card

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by xanderbeedle, May 27, 2005.

1. xanderbeedle

xanderbeedle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I just got a set of Jamo speakers (the same ones as here - http://www.hifi4less.com/Jamo_A310_PDD_5_1_Speaker_System.htm) for my brithday, to use with my computer for cinema and music, iv got an audigy 5.1 channel sound card.
    After realising they are completely the wrong speaker set, and ill need a whole other amplifier, i was wondering if people knew of anything that could help, or another way to do this.
    I have 2 computers, 1 with 5.1 surround sound output, another with jsut a normal stereo output, is there any kind of amplifier that will let me connect up those jamo sattelites and sub-woofer to both computers, and switch between which input i want.
    i.e. swith to one computer ot listen to music, to the other to watch a film?

Thankyou for any information, as youv guessed im new to this, and got kinda chucked in when my brother got me these speakers, iv never used something like this before.

Alex