Getting a Genius appointment in....

Discussion in 'Apple Forum' started by smithy37, Jul 16, 2015.

1. smithy37

smithy37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi,

I'm trying to make a genius appointment for the Trafford Centre Apple store on Sunday and there is absolutely no availability. Not even one slot available for the coming week, let alone the weekend. I guess the weekend must be busy but all week booked up?
    I did try first thing this morning and could only get offered one slot in the evening next Wednesday. One slot!!!

Is it common to blank dates out or is it just down to phenomenal demand?
    Could I rock up Sunday at opening and book a slot for later in the day?

My nearest Apple store is Newcastle, a good 40 minute (one way) drive for me, but I just happen to be in Manchester this weekend so it would suit me quite well.

If not I better be on the button bright and early to book a a slot in Newcastle for a week on Sunday once the dates become available.

Look forward to experiences/advice.

Thanks

2. Flashy

Flashy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,171
    Is it worth ringing the store direct (assuming you've been trying to book online or using the Apple Store app)? They may know if one appointment is likely to take longer than another, have spare slots to allow for over-runs, be able to put you on a waiting list or something, etc.

I think I've had two Genius appointments in five and a half years of owning Apple devices. Didn't have trouble booking them, but it wasn't urgent and I just took the earliest one that was most convenient to me. Obviously not an option to you when there are none available at all, though.

3. smithy37

smithy37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Thanks Flashy. Didn't think to ring them.
    Checked availability this morning and only 4 appointments available for the whole of next week. Guess it must just be phenomenal demand.
    I'll ring them this morning & let you know what they say.
    I have faulty hardware so have no choice but to make an appointment.

4. mhorton

mhorton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    I've experienced the same in my local Apple store. What I tend to do now, is go into the store first they take your details and text you when your appointment is due. Normally within an hour.

Talking to one of Watford's store manager's this change is because of the amount of misses appointments.