1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a DVI to work on an Screenplay 4805

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by abspag, May 8, 2005.

1. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Please helpI have just run a DVI cable from my Tag McLaren into the Screenplay 4805 using an adapter M1 (M) to DVI -D (F) and the picture is all shades of pink. I suspect that the shop has sold me the wrong adapter. I set the DVD player to accept a component output as it offers that os svideo and composite. Can anyone please advise as to were I have gone wrong

2. liam_b

liam_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    It sounds like the 4805 is set/expectecing RGB-DVI and you're sending Component-DVI, which if I remember will give a very pink/red picture (IIRC), RGB-DVI out to Component-DVI in gives a green picture (again IIRC). Go in to the menu on the 4805 and change the setting on the M1 input colorspace to Component.

3. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't forget to change the output of the DVD32's PSM module to RGB-DVI (check the manual for exact keystrokes, but you key in 'r, g, b' at some point) rather than component colourspacing over DVI. I had exactly this problem when I first connected mine, and this sorted things perfectly.

4. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Yep it appears that all PSM's default to component colour space output from new..... I've not seen one power up in RGB mode yet but it is a simple button press or four to switch modes, as usual if all else fails :rtfm:

5. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks as soon as I followed your advice Bingo it worked. I was feeding it a component signal as I thought this was the better option. I phoned IAG and they said it could be better explained in the handbook So thanks again