Getting a DVI to work on an Screenplay 4805

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by abspag, May 7, 2005.

1. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Hello Please helpI have just run a DVI cable from my Tag McLaren into the Screenplay 4805 using an adapter M1 (M) to DVI -D (F) and the picture is all shades of pink. I suspect that the shop has sold me the wrong adapter. I set the DVD player to accept a component output as it offers that os svideo and composite. Can anyone please advise as to were I have gone wrong :smoke:

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I think the DVI connection comes under computer input. Most of the signals from DVI are progressive ( except 1080i) so the 4805 will not process the signal progressively but the DVD player will.

3. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that how do I configure the projector and or the DVD player to get the correct colours ? Should I switch off the progressive scan on the DVD player ?

4. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Through DVI, you cannot switch off the progressive output, it will send it progressively at either 480p, 720p or interlaced at 1080i assuming you have the ability to upscale on your DVD player.
    It may be worth checking the settings on the 4805. Check you have all sources 'ticked' on so it will output component, S video, computer and composite.
    It could be just a dodgy M1-DA to DVI adapter you have or even the DVI cable may be at fault. Check it is securely fitted and tightened up properly too and all connecting cables are well fitting.

5. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: Thanks for the reply I have done all that you suggest the only thing now is to assume that the adapter is the wrong one it says on it M1 M to DVI -D (F) Is this the same as a M1 DA ? Does anyone else think this might be the wrong adapter. Really fel like giving up and running the component cable though I have spent s fourtune on the cable and the adapter telling the wife all will be well and the picture will be better. :devil: So to give up will result in "told you it was a waste of time and money".

6. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    I do have a M1-DA to DVI-D adapter I used on my 4805 but I wasn't that impressed with DVI over component so I do not use DVI anymore. It's yours for £15 inc postage if you are interested.

7. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I might be taking you up on that offer. Problem is I have just spent £100 on a DVI cable. Can you tell me is your M1 adaptor about 10" long with a white DVI socket and a black socket to fit into the screenplay?

8. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +316
    Have you tried setting the DVD to RGB?

Not sure how the TAG progressive board actually works with the DVI socket, but I'm pretty sure you can configure the BNC outputs to be either component or RGsB.

Worth a try anyway!

9. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    My M1-DA to DVI adapter is about 2 inches long, pushes and screws into the 4805 with the M1-DA (M) end and then on the other end has the DVI (F) socket which accepts the DVI cable. The other problem I found with this combination was it increased the depth of the projector but a good few inches which meant it struggled to fit on the rear shelf I mount it on. See:
    http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Projector/SP7200.asp
    For image of the adapter

10. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I am now sure that I have the wrong adapter Thanks for all your help