Ryzen 3600
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
MSI B450M Mortar Max
Corsair 280x case
MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC
Corsair LL120 RGB Pro Fans x2
Corsair Commander Pro
1tb Sabrent Rocket NVMe for storage

I already had a 250gb Samsung NVMe drive from a build a couple of years ago so I used that as my boot drive.

I also had 16gb or Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz ram from the same build. I used this as I knew it was good ram and the only time I’ve ever had an issue building a PC was dodgy ram. I plan on buying some Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ram at 3600 MHz now I know the PC is stable.

I had bought a Corsair H115i AIO but when I came to install it the screws to attach the radiator to the case were too long. Checking online others had this issue as well so I returned it.

A91E2C58-73DA-46EE-B735-3AE89C9D8392.jpeg

Last edited:
A few changes:

4k 144hz Monitor
Philips Hue Light Play which syncs with whats on screen.

ChgzLJl.jpg

BMYlrme.jpg

Recently moved so new desk and monitor. Always going to be a challenge trying to get a custom loop in a Corsair Carbide 240 but it looks good. Loop came in at under £100 as well, all new apart from my old pump. Just need to sort the peter rabbit wall paper out
20200220_204830.jpg
20200220_204843.jpg

Just how I like it - boring and quiet :rotfl: or rather, a "sleeper".

Ryzen 5 3600 / Noctua NH-D15
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
4x 8GB Ballistix 3200MHz CL16 (running at 3600MHz CL16)
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56
A couple of of SSDs and one NVMe (about 3.5TB in total... mmm, fast storage! :D)
Fractal Design Define R5
Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W

Attachments

• IMG_20190612_200535.jpg
    IMG_20190612_200535.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 54247b39-9e17-4d50-afbd-529817691797.jpg
    54247b39-9e17-4d50-afbd-529817691797.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 211
2 CPU fans. Too noisy
😅

Obvs won't make a difference but 750W overkill with no mechanical drives @sergiup ?
Could potentially make it quieter if the fan can operate silently under low temperature.

Obvs won't make a difference but 750W overkill with no mechanical drives @sergiup ?
Indeed! But I used to have an X99 with an R9 290X, which were far hungrier. Yeah it's overkill, but it's OK.

Could potentially make it quieter if the fan can operate silently under low temperature.
Exactly! :)

In which case a hybrid PSU would be the best option. Only kick up the fan if ever needed.
This Seasonic has a hybrid mode - I've disabled it, but it's still very quiet.

It's small! But probably has good thermals.

Looking at the new NZXT H1 case, I feel the early onset of upgraditis coming about.

Looking at the new NZXT H1 case, I feel the early onset of upgraditis coming about.

Same here, my current Gpu is on its way out, so yes, time for a new build, just cannot make my mind up on what Gpu to go with, its going to be Nvidia, but which one i cannot decide yet. But the H1 looks amazing.

Same! Watched so many reviews and it looks so promising... plus it comes with a decent AIO and PSU

This one really shows how big you can go spec wise!

It looks soooo tempting. When I eventually upgrade my GPU, I'll probably ditch my 6700K and motherboard as well shortly afterwards and rebuild an AMD system with this case. Sadly I'll have to ditch my existing 3200 Dominator memory - they're too tall according to HardwareCanucks.

Back to PC gaming after a year or two - been playing PS4 Pro mainly for the last year to catch up on some exclusives so sold off the majority of my PC gear.

Originally bought these bits for my UnRAID server, but after a short test decided it was overkill so bought another case and put together a gaming rig instead. Was originally purchased with the intent of running multiple virtual machines hence the RAM and core count being important at the time. No water cooling for a change for me, also don't think I have ever done a mid-tower build for myself before but no need for a full tower when I have a server with 40TB on it :D

IMG_20200228_235340.jpg

Ryzen 2700X 8c/16t
64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200
MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC Motherboard
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Cooler
Sabrent 512GB m2 SSD
Crucial 500GB MX500 SSD
Aerocool Project 7 750W PSU
AMD 590X Red Dragon GPU
Lian Li Lancool 2 Case

Plan to change the GPU to go back to team green towards the end of the year - again was purchased for my server (to support a OSX VM) rather than gaming, it will do for now but I am missing my GSync which my monitor can support.
Currently in it's temporary home on a table while a remodel my office for gaming again.

Bit of a sad day, moved to this:
IMG_20200323_125915.jpg

From this:
IMG_20180911_224213.jpg

All due to a leaking XSPC RX360 version 1. Just checked my post from 5th Jan 2010 in Part 1 of this thread, that makes it 10 years old, can't complan too much then :rotfl:

Anyway no one seems to stock the special UV adhesive that monsoon uses for the collars of the hardline tubing, so bye bye water cooling, hello 'orrible beige Noctua fans :D That also means the MSI GTX1070 SeaHawk EK is out, so I upgraded to a Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC.

To be fair I'm very impressed with how quiet the system in while gaming.

Last edited:
@mr_yogi as weirdly coloured as the Noctua fans are (there are newer, black/grey versions), they are remarkably quiet. Unless you spend serious money on a custom loop or high end AIO, you'd very often find that the largest Noctua coolers are actually quiet; they just happen to also be HUGE. That's the entire reason (plus potential leaks) why I'm still sticking to my NH-D15 :thumbsup:

Bit of a sad day, moved to this:
View attachment 1272657

From this:
View attachment 1272658

All due to a leaking XSPC RX360 version 1. Just checked my post from 5th Jan 2010 in Part 1 of this thread, that makes it 10 years old, can't complan too much then :rotfl:

Anyway no one seems to stock the special UV adhesive that monsoon uses for the collars of the hardline tubing, so bye bye water cooling, hello 'orrible beige Noctua fans :D That also means the MSI GTX1070 SeaHawk EK is out, so I upgraded to a Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC.

To be fair I'm very impressed with how quiet the system in while gaming.
Bummer. My radiator is probably that old. I think I paid £15 for it (240mm)

Back to PC gaming after a year or two - been playing PS4 Pro mainly for the last year to catch up on some exclusives so sold off the majority of my PC gear.

Originally bought these bits for my UnRAID server, but after a short test decided it was overkill so bought another case and put together a gaming rig instead. Was originally purchased with the intent of running multiple virtual machines hence the RAM and core count being important at the time. No water cooling for a change for me, also don't think I have ever done a mid-tower build for myself before but no need for a full tower when I have a server with 40TB on it :D

View attachment 1263519

Ryzen 2700X 8c/16t
64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200
MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC Motherboard
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Cooler
Sabrent 512GB m2 SSD
Crucial 500GB MX500 SSD
Aerocool Project 7 750W PSU
AMD 590X Red Dragon GPU
Lian Li Lancool 2 Case

Plan to change the GPU to go back to team green towards the end of the year - again was purchased for my server (to support a OSX VM) rather than gaming, it will do for now but I am missing my GSync which my monitor can support.
Currently in it's temporary home on a table while a remodel my office for gaming again.

How easy is the cable management of your case and can it hold 4 x 3.5" drives?

How easy is the cable management of your case and can it hold 4 x 3.5" drives?

VERY easy. There is a bunch of panels on the back side that keeps it all neat. Example of the backside here - https://www.gamersnexus.net/images/media/2019/cases/lancool-ii/lian-li-lancool-ii_3.jpg (not mine personally, but it looks the same because of the covers). There are plenty of neat little routing slots all over the place too for fan leads and LED strips etc too and enough room for the PSU cables hidden down the bottom but still easy to access as it's all magnetic fastenings for the side panels.
There are 3 x 3.5 and 4 x 2.5 drive bays (or 7 2.5 if you are not using 3.5's) personally not a concern for me, 14TB+ disks are available and I have over 40TB of server storage anyway. Didn't even feature in my buying criteria to be honest.

Update to the rig - it now has a place to live - work in progress though, still have flooring and some decoration to do - spent two or three days routing cables through walls and under floor.

IMG_20200402_200504.jpg

Same PC spec as before, added GPU stabiliser underneath to combat sag.
Built a floating wall panel behind the monitors - taking some cheap furniture board from Wickes and covering it in vehicle wrap for a high gloss finish (cheaper than painting the panels and gives a nice finish with no brush marks or too much work)

Still have to do something with the wall on the right of the picture which is still the original wallpaper. Planning on wood covering the entire thing but the covid stuff has put paid to popping to the local place to get some wood to start it. Wifi/Alexa controlled RGB light strip top and bottom. Echo dot hidden behind one of the monitors.

Have ran extra cables for HDMI, spare power feed, displayport and a secondary ethernet just in case behind the panelling and in the wall cavity. Though I put conduit in to make it easy to change out.

Desktop is a Ikea VÄSTANBY dining table top - 1.7M across by approx 80CM deep, had to shave 1CM off it but fits perfectly in the gap. As this is part of the extension it is supported on two sides by solid walls with steel brackets - can stand on it quite happily :) Gives me a lot of room compared to a standard desk size and is a lot deeper too.

Monitors on full motion brackets with gas lift.
Main monitor is Asus PG278QR (27" 1440P 165Hz GSync panel)
Second is a Lenovo LEN l27i-28 (27" 1080P 75hz Freesync panel)

Keyboard is Ducky/Varmilo MIYA pro Panda edition - Brown Cherry Keycaps. Waiting on a custom USB cable for it at the mo

Mouse downgraded to a G305 (from my G502) as I like the wireless lack of clutter and it feels lighter to me.

Xbox S Bluetooth Pad in grey and green

Audio is taken care of by a Schiit Modi 3 DAC with a Schiit Magni 3 Plus headphone amp. Connected to a set of Sennheiser Momentum 2 wireless but using wired.

All cabling is run through the walls to the desktop area from underneath for power feeds and LAN goes up the inside through the wall to the loft area to a switch.

Other side of the room is the comms cabinet that looks after everything:
IMG_20200402_202600.jpg

Adapted an old wall mount 9U unit by adding some casters to it - do really want this thing sticking out the wall and makes it easy to scoot it out for adding stuff.
Top shelf is a i5 2520M based machine running PFSense for the network. It is an old marine computer, completely fanless heatsink case with an industrial approved PSU and motherboard inside.
Down from that we have my Ubiquiti stack - 1 x 8 Port with POE, Cloudkey Gen 2 and a 8 port non-POE switch. Cloudkey runs my CCTV system for the garage which is up the end of the garden and manages the network. Still have to add another camera for the front of the house and will be changing out my wifi stuff to Ubiquiti once WIFI6 comes along properly.
The two PDU power strips are attached to a APC 1500 UPS system.

To the left just out of shot is my old BeQuiet Dark Base 900 Pro case which houses a UnRAID server.
i7 3770 on a Z77 motherboard
16GB RAM
40TB of hard drive storage with 1TB of SSD RAID cache
Runs Plex, Sonaar, Radaar amongst other things for streaming to the various devices around the house.

Last edited:
Picked up a Ducky One2 60% RGB keyboard with cherry silent switches for £40, brand new, the other day. Added to my system and changed the colours to purple. My tower is low key and not full of RGB.

IMG_20200512_214546.jpg

Here are some not very good pcs of my new machine, case is a riotoro cr1088 which was the smallest I could find that fits a full size ATX.

Running a 3600x and RTX2700 Super which can do mist stuff at 4k with all the bells and whistles. Used on my Samsung 4K so limuted to 60 fps whcih is fine with me.

Also got the corsair lap pad with integrated keyboard for sofa play.
IMG_20200520_170612.jpgIMG_20200520_170605.jpgIMG_20200520_170636.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom