Ryzen 3600
Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
MSI B450M Mortar Max
Corsair 280x case
MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus OC
Corsair LL120 RGB Pro Fans x2
Corsair Commander Pro
1tb Sabrent Rocket NVMe for storage

I already had a 250gb Samsung NVMe drive from a build a couple of years ago so I used that as my boot drive.

I also had 16gb or Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 MHz ram from the same build. I used this as I knew it was good ram and the only time I’ve ever had an issue building a PC was dodgy ram. I plan on buying some Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ram at 3600 MHz now I know the PC is stable.

I had bought a Corsair H115i AIO but when I came to install it the screws to attach the radiator to the case were too long. Checking online others had this issue as well so I returned it.

A91E2C58-73DA-46EE-B735-3AE89C9D8392.jpeg

Last edited:
A few changes:

4k 144hz Monitor
Philips Hue Light Play which syncs with whats on screen.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Recently moved so new desk and monitor. Always going to be a challenge trying to get a custom loop in a Corsair Carbide 240 but it looks good. Loop came in at under £100 as well, all new apart from my old pump. Just need to sort the peter rabbit wall paper out
20200220_204830.jpg
20200220_204843.jpg

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Just how I like it - boring and quiet :rotfl: or rather, a "sleeper".

Ryzen 5 3600 / Noctua NH-D15
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
4x 8GB Ballistix 3200MHz CL16 (running at 3600MHz CL16)
Sapphire Pulse Vega 56
A couple of of SSDs and one NVMe (about 3.5TB in total... mmm, fast storage! :D)
Fractal Design Define R5
Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W

Attachments

Delvey

Distinguished Member
2 CPU fans. Too noisy
😅

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Obvs won't make a difference but 750W overkill with no mechanical drives @sergiup ?

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Obvs won't make a difference but 750W overkill with no mechanical drives @sergiup ?
Could potentially make it quieter if the fan can operate silently under low temperature.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Could potentially make it quieter if the fan can operate silently under low temperature.
In which case a hybrid PSU would be the best option. Only kick up the fan if ever needed.

sergiup

Distinguished Member
Indeed! But I used to have an X99 with an R9 290X, which were far hungrier. Yeah it's overkill, but it's OK.

Exactly! :)

In which case a hybrid PSU would be the best option. Only kick up the fan if ever needed.
This Seasonic has a hybrid mode - I've disabled it, but it's still very quiet.

ArmitageShanks

It's small! But probably has good thermals.

ArmitageShanks

Looking at the new NZXT H1 case, I feel the early onset of upgraditis coming about.

Schumi 01

Looking at the new NZXT H1 case, I feel the early onset of upgraditis coming about.
Same here, my current Gpu is on its way out, so yes, time for a new build, just cannot make my mind up on what Gpu to go with, its going to be Nvidia, but which one i cannot decide yet. But the H1 looks amazing.

stument

Same! Watched so many reviews and it looks so promising... plus it comes with a decent AIO and PSU

This one really shows how big you can go spec wise!

ArmitageShanks

It looks soooo tempting. When I eventually upgrade my GPU, I'll probably ditch my 6700K and motherboard as well shortly afterwards and rebuild an AMD system with this case. Sadly I'll have to ditch my existing 3200 Dominator memory - they're too tall according to HardwareCanucks.

MooCow

Back to PC gaming after a year or two - been playing PS4 Pro mainly for the last year to catch up on some exclusives so sold off the majority of my PC gear.

Originally bought these bits for my UnRAID server, but after a short test decided it was overkill so bought another case and put together a gaming rig instead. Was originally purchased with the intent of running multiple virtual machines hence the RAM and core count being important at the time. No water cooling for a change for me, also don't think I have ever done a mid-tower build for myself before but no need for a full tower when I have a server with 40TB on it :D

IMG_20200228_235340.jpg

Ryzen 2700X 8c/16t
64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200
MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC Motherboard
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Cooler
Sabrent 512GB m2 SSD
Crucial 500GB MX500 SSD
Aerocool Project 7 750W PSU
AMD 590X Red Dragon GPU
Lian Li Lancool 2 Case

Plan to change the GPU to go back to team green towards the end of the year - again was purchased for my server (to support a OSX VM) rather than gaming, it will do for now but I am missing my GSync which my monitor can support.
Currently in it's temporary home on a table while a remodel my office for gaming again.

mr_yogi

Bit of a sad day, moved to this:
IMG_20200323_125915.jpg

From this:
IMG_20180911_224213.jpg

All due to a leaking XSPC RX360 version 1. Just checked my post from 5th Jan 2010 in Part 1 of this thread, that makes it 10 years old, can't complan too much then :rotfl:

Anyway no one seems to stock the special UV adhesive that monsoon uses for the collars of the hardline tubing, so bye bye water cooling, hello 'orrible beige Noctua fans :D That also means the MSI GTX1070 SeaHawk EK is out, so I upgraded to a Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC.

To be fair I'm very impressed with how quiet the system in while gaming.

Last edited:

sergiup

Distinguished Member
@mr_yogi as weirdly coloured as the Noctua fans are (there are newer, black/grey versions), they are remarkably quiet. Unless you spend serious money on a custom loop or high end AIO, you'd very often find that the largest Noctua coolers are actually quiet; they just happen to also be HUGE. That's the entire reason (plus potential leaks) why I'm still sticking to my NH-D15 :thumbsup:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Bit of a sad day, moved to this:
View attachment 1272657

From this:
View attachment 1272658

All due to a leaking XSPC RX360 version 1. Just checked my post from 5th Jan 2010 in Part 1 of this thread, that makes it 10 years old, can't complan too much then :rotfl:

Anyway no one seems to stock the special UV adhesive that monsoon uses for the collars of the hardline tubing, so bye bye water cooling, hello 'orrible beige Noctua fans :D That also means the MSI GTX1070 SeaHawk EK is out, so I upgraded to a Gigabyte RX5700XT Gaming OC.

To be fair I'm very impressed with how quiet the system in while gaming.
Bummer. My radiator is probably that old. I think I paid £15 for it (240mm)