Get your instruments out for the lads!

Adding Room acustic treatment this week, hoping half a job of it makes a difference.

Attachments

• WP_20180420_18_12_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180420_18_12_12_Pro.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 196
Blackiedonejuni2014017_zps1f550030.jpg

My partscaster Blackie in 2014 during the 3rd upgrade since 1995.

Kellymaj2014001_zpsc22a1600.jpg

My Dream guitar build for me by the Jackson custom shop late 1996. RR2772.

My three axes, Carvin DC127-Carvin Bolt kit and Harper Buck Dharma no frills model.

Two of many amps I had. Blackheart Handsome Devil 15 watt tube amp and Peavey Windsor 120 watt tube amp.

Blackstar 4x8 speaker cabinet for fantastic clean sound with the Handsome Devil head.

Jammin at home with my new Bogner Alchemist 40 watt tube amp along with the Handsome Devil amp. The Adrenalinn III box put the amps in stereo mode for some wild effects.

Here's me with my Carvin DC127 axe. :D

Well, I quit playing a few years ago so I sold em all. Later I picked up a cheap guitar and amp to noodle on but I haven't really did much with it. I've been trying to sell em for months.

Parker Maxx Fly made in Indonesea. Not a bad axe, actually got Duncan designed pups in it.

Vox VT40+ amp. It uses a 12ax7 tube in it and I put a vintage British Mullard 12ax7 in it and the amp sounds friggin sweet. All my amps had vintage tubes in em.

Drummer girl :laugh:

Attachments

• 0E83D427-C426-4368-8289-A24200ED9EC6.jpeg
    0E83D427-C426-4368-8289-A24200ED9EC6.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 167
I've been into "leccy" pianos for decades.
I've upgraded over the years.

No photos of my first.

Second Farfisa (stock photo)

Farfisa.JPG

Third Yamaha PSR 90 (stock photo)

PSR 90.jpg

Fourth PSR 5700 (stock photo)

PSR 5700.JPG

Fiifth My PSR 1000, it was 20 years old and still in perfect condition last year.

PSR 1000.JPG

Sixth, My Yamaha Tyros 5, bought last year.

P1020060.JPG

I decided I needed extra lighting to be able to read the music, (we've only uplighters in this room) So I bought one of these on e-Bay for a few quid. I found a better way to mount it than suggested.

s-l1600.jpg

I subscribe to a Yamaha electric piano owners' music forum. We link files we put on "Box" and say nice things about them. Even those of people who can't sing but insist on putting stuff on there.
You don't have to be much of a musician to sound reasonable with a modern electric piano.

I'll play anything, I like.

Box

But I prefer the jazz standards, with all the jazz chords.

Box

Box

My Other love is saxophones, I did have two at one time, this Yamaha YAS 275, but I sold it after I'd had it nearly ten years. The price of these has risen so much that I got more for it than I paid for it.

alto.JPG

I just play my YTS 62 tenor. This has an Otto Link New York tonemaster metal mouthpiece, I've also a Fred Labale jazz mouthpiece.

P1020149.JPG

You wouldn't want to hear me play it.

Last edited:
We did a Beatles Tribute gig last Saturday night.
Big crowd and was a lot of fun!!
These are a couple of guitars I used - Rickenbacker 381V69 and Taylor Fall Limited Koa.
Also used my trusty Rickenbacker 1993Plus 12-string for a lot of those George Harrison riffs!

49516593453_fac2b8b0ae_b.jpg

49517329452_3a91cf2ec4_b.jpg

39849154213_f48a30cf46_h.jpg

Last edited:
It's been years since I posted here and since then I've got my guitars down to just 2.
Okay, 3, but I don't play my first guitar any more.
Anyway, I bought myself my first real Gibson Les Paul a couple of years ago.
A 2018 Les Paul Traditional.
IMG_3604.JPG

When I called one of the nearest PMTs to ask about buying it and trading in a couple of my guitars towards the price, I was looking at a cherry burst, but apparently it had been shipped wrong and was this honey burst in a box labelled as cherry burst.
Even better for me as the honey burst is the colour Slash's signature LP is based on.

I love this guitar!
It's a no frills LP. No weight relief. No Fancy electronics. The neck isn't too thick or too thin.

The only problem now is that I still want a cherry burst to go with this 😁

Not sure where to post this -
Since we are stuck at home, we decided to do a small acoustic driveway gig - just Nanc and me.
Video sucks, but at least the audio is ok!
Using my Taylor Koa Fall Limited acoustic.

Since my last post in here was 2009, might as well add a couple more.

Still have the Explorer (will never part with it). It's now sporting a pair of EMGs (81 in the bridge, 60 in the neck)

1588987299709.jpeg

A few years after that I picked up an LTD KH-202 (do you see a theme here? :D)

1588987455447.png

Most recently (Jan this year) I finally found a Dean ML I was happy with. Despite being a HUGE Dimebag fan, I didn't actually want a "Dimebag model" - ideally I wanted a '79 model with a Floyd, then I was going to do a few choice upgrades to it. Then I came across this one: very local, decent price, and already had had some USA upgrades over standard (DiMarzio Super Distortion in the neck; Bill Lawrence L500XL in the bridge, an Original Floyd Rose and nut, USA Grover tuners, Dunlop strap locks) and I couldn't turn it down. Colour wouldn't have been my first choice, but it is a very nice finish job. The only thing I don't like about it is the motif on the headstock (nothing a bit of black tape doesn't sort out!). Tell you what though, not only does this thing sound amazing (combination of that mahogany body and mahogany neck, with those pickups) but it plays A-MAZE-ING. I'm a crap guitarist: I can't shred for sh.... but this thing is just sublime. And a proper German made (Schaller) Floyd is a wondrous thing, it really is.

1588987770850.png

I'm always picking up little goodies here and there my kit - we'd be here all day if I was to list all the changes in set up, additions, etc. But it's biggest (or smallest as it actually is) addition is the super rare 8" tom I finally found a few years ago, after 10 or 11 years of searching (had to import this in from Jakarta!). So here's it's most recent config

1588987904977.png

A couple years back I also found this, another one I'd been searching for for at least a decade. Super super super rare, this had to come in from upstate New York

1588988019462.png

And that's about it. I'm always on the lookout for additions, replacements, substitutions. Cymbals mainly (as I don't really have room for more drums!), but also guitars: the KH is for sale, and I'm on the lookout for a BC Rich Warlock, if I can find one I like

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom