Get your desks out for the lads?

I wall mounted my speakers:-

PC Setup.jpg

You could wall mount a nice big ultrawide in there. ;)

It does get really cramped on a 27" 1440P monitor when I'm watching YouTube in one window, got football (muted) playing in another window and my front door IP cam showing in another window. Got no more screen space to do anything else :(.

I did have a 40" 4K monitor about four years ago. That was great for screen space but the 27" had IPS 165Hz G-Sync, much better for gaming.

I'm thinking of getting the LG 48CX OLED but will wait for HDMI 2.1 cards to be released first.

Ive seen a really nice 27inch monitor, id love to fit it on my stand but it wouldnt fit. Thinking of going plp wth the monitors to accomodate it... Thoughts?

Also, my pc is totally wasted where it is, should be on the right so the glass panel is visable but sockets on the left...

Here is mine, did have the Pc on the desk at one time, but found it too overpowering, so put it underneath the desk, will be in the market for a new build smaller case in the near future.
IMG_20200621_214425.jpg
IMG_20200621_214352.jpg
IMG_20200621_214316.jpg

My new pride and joy, XTZ Tune 4s, very musical speakers supported by a Velodyne SPL800 to underpin the bass, a match made in heaven. New PC mainly for video editing and daily driver. Old PC under the desk now running 24/7 as just a server, seems a bit of a waste considering its spec but just wasn't worth selling it for peanuts...

DT2 (2).jpg
DT3 (2).jpg
DT1.jpg

Here is mine...

IMG_5906.jpg

I'm still a PC gamer but I now game on the couch with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I just couldn't deal with using headphones nor the inferior sound experience of my bookshelf speakers when I could have slightly bigger speakers downstairs.

It takes some getting used to is and obviously not for competitive play. But IMO its superior for entertainment purposes.

Now that's a serious setup! I would imagine you could get lost in the virtual world for days, must be awesome. :)

Is that a pair of tactile transducers on the racing sim I see there?
I have one transducer (a Pearl Throne Thumper), which is just used for engine vibrations.
Everything else is taken care of by the motion rig.

BTW, it is awesome, thanks.

I'm still a PC gamer but I now game on the couch with a wireless keyboard and mouse.

I just couldn't deal with using headphones nor the inferior sound experience of my bookshelf speakers when I could have slightly bigger speakers downstairs.

It takes some getting used to is and obviously not for competitive play. But IMO its superior for entertainment purposes.

Agreed, when you want to just sit back and relax for some casual gaming with family and friends the big screen and big sound is great. Of course for serious sessions I've always felt smaller screens and headphones give you the edge.

Agreed, when you want to just sit back and relax for some casual gaming with family and friends the big screen and big sound is great. Of course for serious sessions I've always felt smaller screens and headphones give you the edge.

Yup. I do miss a desk.. sometimes use one. It feels nice to sit at a deks and seriously game.. it feels like you are being productive, but i very quickly miss all the other comforts of 'couch/big screen' gaming (sound, space, comfort, big bassy subwoofer vibrations etc.).

I regret for exzmple completing witcher 3 on my desk as the ending fight looked like it was made for a big screen and big speakers bouncing sound everywhere.

instead i sat at my desk on akg 712s on the crg9.

but then text based games like planesape I'd ideally provide at a desk.. games which feel lke they are actual work lol.

Know what you mean, I just finished binge watching Game of Thrones from beginning to end, couldn't do that on the desk. :D

How this series escaped me all these years I do not know, without a doubt the best series ever created in the history of all series'. Every episode felt like a movie, like it had a purpose going somewhere, not just aimless fillers like you get with some.

Know what you mean, I just finished binge watching Game of Thrones from beginning to end, couldn't do that on the desk. :D

How this series escaped me all these years I do not know, without a doubt the best series ever created in the history of all series'. Every episode felt like a movie, like it had a purpose going somewhere, not just aimless fillers like you get with some.

What season are you on?
I agree.. until the last season or 2 lol.

I need to get the 4K Blurays and revisit the show at some point.

I finished all of it mate. The ending left a sour taste, I was emotionally broken but still everything leading up to it was pure class.:cool: they only did seasons 1 and 8 in 4k afaik.:(

uCOwZbR.png

I try to keep it all tidy.

Only got the desk put together today. Still need to tidy up the cables.
E1D4323B-DECB-4CBA-AB6F-1C1BADDE19BD.jpeg

Ill jump in as well. My escape my room. :)

desk.jpg

Here’s my current set up...
75BA55C4-6425-4DF1-A794-4C6DB4C86C53.jpeg
3F2BABB5-4EF0-42BD-AEDC-9539D29928A4.jpeg
C41B7B42-3511-4BD3-A346-5874FFF681C2.jpeg
226B4E99-D936-45CF-A32F-6AF4A7363D5D.jpeg
8CCD4A7F-4250-4990-83F1-615D9653DAAA.jpeg
E3C0F596-A46D-4D39-8F1A-D01BC33FCB26.jpeg

Desk is facing a window which isn’t ideal but with the room layout it allows for the biggest desk space. Still not 100% finished as I want some pictures on the wall not shown but since this has all taken the length of lockdown to sort (was waiting on paint for an age) I’m not in a rush.

Ok spare bed has gone, new coat of paint on the walls, some artwork added, Pc still on floor, makes the place look a bit cleaner, very happy with how it turned out.
May change the worktop to a lighter colour next.

IMG_20200829_140726.jpg

IMG_20200829_140744.jpg

IMG_20200829_140807.jpg

Love those prints mate, where did you get them?

Thanks Seb, they do look really good, a person called Sean Bull creates them, if you look at his Twitter Page or his Facebook he has his pictures on there, i just simply downloaded them and used a company called My Picture to create them for me on canvas, the size of canvas i have gone for is 60x30. Prices are very reasonable too, the most i have paid for a canvas is around £16.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom