Get Shorty (US)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Epix's 10-episode dark comedy is the latest adaptation of Elmore Leonard's 1990 novel. It was previously adapted into a 1995 film starring John Travolta and Danny DeVito.

Chris O'Dowd
stars as Miles Daly, a hitman who decides to leave that life behind and become a movie producer in attempt to reunite with his recently-estranged family. Once in Hollywood, Miles meets the washed-up producer Rick Moreweather (Ray Romano), who begrudgingly becomes Miles' partner and helps guide him on his new career in show business.

Looks ok. But not that great. I loved the original movie, but I will probably wait to see what the consensus is after it's aired.

I've never quite been sold on Chris O' Dowd if I'm honest.

The movie was good. The book is one of Elmore Leonard's best & has my favourite final line of any novel I've read.

This looks quite fun, but aside from a bit of crime & a hollywood setting, seems to have very little connection to the source material.

Great series. Huffman has me concerned as she invariably plays a pain in the arse.

Looking forward to this.

SEASON 3: GET SHORTY With Chris O’Dowd & Ray Romano To Film in Vancouver This Spring/Summer
Filming dates: May 6th to July 31st (with additional shooting in Lost Angeles)

get-shorty-e.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom