Get Shorty (US)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Epix's 10-episode dark comedy is the latest adaptation of Elmore Leonard's 1990 novel. It was previously adapted into a 1995 film starring John Travolta and Danny DeVito.

Chris O'Dowd
stars as Miles Daly, a hitman who decides to leave that life behind and become a movie producer in attempt to reunite with his recently-estranged family. Once in Hollywood, Miles meets the washed-up producer Rick Moreweather (Ray Romano), who begrudgingly becomes Miles' partner and helps guide him on his new career in show business.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Looks ok. But not that great. I loved the original movie, but I will probably wait to see what the consensus is after it's aired.

I've never quite been sold on Chris O' Dowd if I'm honest.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I loved the film but I haven't read the book. I can't imagine another version of it.

Bri

aprout

Distinguished Member
The movie was good. The book is one of Elmore Leonard's best & has my favourite final line of any novel I've read.

This looks quite fun, but aside from a bit of crime & a hollywood setting, seems to have very little connection to the source material.

encaser

Distinguished Member
Great series. Huffman has me concerned as she invariably plays a pain in the arse.

mafaa

Distinguished Member
SEASON 3: GET SHORTY With Chris O’Dowd & Ray Romano To Film in Vancouver This Spring/Summer
Filming dates: May 6th to July 31st (with additional shooting in Lost Angeles)

get-shorty-e.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio