Get Cx65 now? Are prices gonna drop anymore?

amgf

Standard Member
I had a deposit on a 77in Sony A9G but I just took it back. The FOMO with the lack of HDMI 2.1 killed it. Plus other nagging things like 77in and 1080p at 3.3m viewing distance is not impressive. Plus I had to wall mount it (I prefer a stand) as it sits so low that it doesn't clear my soundbar. So with some regrets, I cancelled my A9G77 purchase.

Now I looked at LG CX65 and 77. The 77 is sold out locally so that cancels any desire I might have had left for a 77in tv. The LG CX prices are not great at the moment at 2900can$ (2300U$). However I wonder if I should just bite the bullet as the stocks are apparently getting low (one local store is already sold out of 65CX) or wait for the C1 at full price? There is also a BX65 for 2400$can (1900u$) that I can have but unless you guys tell me this is the way to go, I figure the BX panel is not as good as the CX.

I also get that the Cx to C1 will be a mild upgrade. Same picture quality but better OS is what I get, so I don't think it makes sense to wait for a C1. Am I right?

So should I get the CX now? Wait for the C1? Anyway if I wait too long, there might not be a CX left to buy...

ranjanx

I had the same concerns and what helped me decide to buy a cx65 now after reading some comments here and watching some videos are these points:
- C1, although expected to be launched at lower than cx, wouldn’t come to its lowest price until next year this time. Given the limited value of upgrade the price difference doesn’t make sense

- by the look of things CX is a good piece of kit but TVs now a days are on an extended phase of life say after 3 years of use unlike the 7+ years earlier. Given that kind of depreciation it makes more sense to buy at their current prices of about 3/5th of launch price.

amgf

Standard Member
I had the same concerns and what helped me decide to buy a cx65 now after reading some comments here and watching some videos are these points:
- C1, although expected to be launched at lower than cx, wouldn’t come to its lowest price until next year this time. Given the limited value of upgrade the price difference doesn’t make sense

- by the look of things CX is a good piece of kit but TVs now a days are on an extended phase of life say after 3 years of use unlike the 7+ years earlier. Given that kind of depreciation it makes more sense to buy at their current prices of about 3/5th of launch price.
Thanks, I’ve come up to this conclusion as well. Plus when you watch youtuber testing new tvs, even when they pause to show the differences, they are most of the time vey minute, slight differences most of the time. I think Oled are pretty much at a point where ameliorations to the product are really small. Heck even LED are looking good these days. Saw a new Q90 yesterday and thought it was pretty good looking.

Maybe the new brighter generation of Oled panels will bring something more. But I’m a dark room watcher and my LG C7 is not even set close to peak brightness anyway so I don’t really care.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom